Changing "image Slider For Your Homepage" Module Position

Lukenzo

By default the Slider is hooked to displayTopColumn, Transplant the module to displayTop, then scroll down the page of hooks and find displaytop and move the silder all the way to the top #1 position, right below this you shuold see displayTopColumn, to the right of the slider click the little arrow next to Edit and unhhook.

Your slider should now be in the position you want.

Yea I forget that I had already played with the slider on my test site and changed some code sorry.

By default the slider has float:left this will need to be changed to float:right line 13 of homeslider.css.

themes/default-bootstrap/cs/modules/homeslider

Yes turn OFF cache and turn on force compile and save then clear cache from the upper right corner now reload the page and see where the slider is.

Please post a link to the shop so I can have a look, as I said I tested this on my test site and had no issue moving slider to this location.

OK try this

#homepage-slider {
  padding-left: 0;
  padding-right: 0;
  margin-bottom: 14px;
  max-width: 100%;
  max-height: 100%;
  overflow: hidden;
  position: relative;
  z-index: 1;
  float: right;
  margin-right:20px;

then in modules/homeslider/js edit the homeslider.js and at line 69 chnage 12 to 6 as below.

change this   $('#homepage-slider').addClass('col-xs-12');  

to this             $('#homepage-slider').addClass('col-xs-6');

Still not working.. It seems that my website is not responding to changed " $('#homepage-slider').addClass('col-xs-6'); ". What could cause this ? What other modules you have in DisplayTop and DisplayTopColumn? Maybe I could do something else? By the way, when I remove slider module from Header I get stuff like in this screenshot http://postimg.org/image/41l7cswid/ . I understand that slider javascript must be in <head> tag, but one of slider images is in the right place. Maybe you have any other ideas? Share edited files or maybe the whole theme(if you have it working)? I am starting to lose hope...

Don't do that leave in hook header, Uninstall and reinstall and wait for me to look at the code, You do realize the image above is your shop so I am stumped as to why this is not working for YOU.

Make sure you go to Advanced Perimeters and turn cache off force compile on and then clear the cache, and leave this set like this. (just incase :-)

If all else fails you could PM me the login to the FTP so I can edit the files myself.

Well I think it is good now in the end I changed the css, not sure why but the class does not seem to change, I even deleted both lines from the js file and it would still say col-xs-12.

Not sure where it is retrieving that info but slider is to right now.