Seo Module... And The Winner Is...

ddt81

Just a quick question: why exactly are you interested in these modules? Is it to automate things like meta titles and keywords, or is there more to it? I am genuinely interested to know, because I see that many people buy these modules, but I fail to see why more they are offering that isn't already included in Prestashop?

I'd be thankful for your thoughts and opinions on this.

Just a quick question: why exactly are you interested in these modules? Is it to automate things like meta titles and keywords, or is there more to it? I am genuinely interested to know, because I see that many people buy these modules, but I fail to see why more they are offering that isn't already included in Prestashop?

I'd be thankful for your thoughts and opinions on this.

Well, I do not think my opinion is very important ...;-)

I bought Nemo's module because I could not solve a problem mainly Canonical ... and then because I needed a support for seo.

It 'clear that a form is not an SEO Expert Human ... But help ... and relatively cheap price.

Sorry for my english (google translate)

Edited by ddt81 (see edit history)

Well, I do not think my opinion is very important ...;-)

I bought Nemo's module because I could not solve a problem mainly Canonical ... and then because I needed a support for seo.

It 'clear that a form is not an SEO Expert Human ... But help ... and relatively cheap price.

Sorry for my english (google translate)

I value your opinion, so thanks for taking time to write! :-) And no worries, your Google English is goo enough, I understood everything! ;-)

So your main area of interest was the canonical - which interests me too. But what you mean by support for SEO? Making sure the meta titles and descriptions are not too long, that they are all filled out, or more?

Thanks again for your opinion! :-)

You can have a look at

You have all the canonical, category pagination, hreflang  issues that are not handled in prestashop and can help avoiding the duplicate content penalties.

Prestashop doesn't allow the image alt edition (it's really incredible but that's ture)... the module allows it.

You have statistics about the meta tags use. So for example you can find duplicates.

You can fill meta tags automatically using some relatively complex rules. I found this feature really useful for big catalogues.

The use of facebook open graph useful for sharing in FB

You have useful tools to "attack" keywords on you meta tags

Then there's the part about changing the custom url routes (even for each language) which can be useful for SEO purposes. But in general It's not necessary

You can have a look at

You have all the canonical, category pagination, hreflang  issues that are not handled in prestashop and can help avoiding the duplicate content penalties.

Prestashop doesn't allow the image alt edition (it's really incredible but that's ture)... the module allows it.

You have statistics about the meta tags use. So for example you can find duplicates.

You can fill meta tags automatically using some relatively complex rules. I found this feature really useful for big catalogues.

The use of facebook open graph useful for sharing in FB

You have useful tools to "attack" keywords on you meta tags

Then there's the part about changing the custom url routes (even for each language) which can be useful for SEO purposes. But in general It's not necessary

Hi Enrique,

I agree with the canonical part, and also that editing the image alt is no longer possible in 1.6 that's really a big issue. How useful is the category pagination feature? Does it really help ranking, in your experience?

The statistics are nice too, more convenient than using external SEO tools.

I'm also intrigued by category changes this module offers: removing the numbers from products / categories, it does indeed look better, but how do you handle that on an existing shop? Making redirects for 30-50 categories is already painful enough, but if you have hundreds or thousands of products that suddenly all have new URLS, that would be a nightmare. Or does this module handle automatic redirects from the old URLS to the new ones? Or is this a feature only new shops can realistically use?

I'm also intrigued by category changes this module offers: removing the numbers from products / categories, it does indeed look better, but how do you handle that on an existing shop? Making redirects for 30-50 categories is already painful enough, but if you have hundreds or thousands of products that suddenly all have new URLS, that would be a nightmare. Or does this module handle automatic redirects from the old URLS to the new ones? Or is this a feature only new shops can realistically use?

I don't recommend getting rid of the ids. it doesn' have any SEO benefits. I've used the custom load routes because the client needed two level of categories in the product urls and other custom url related requirements.

I agree with the canonical part, and also that editing the image alt is no longer possible in 1.6 that's really a big issue. How useful is the category pagination feature? Does it really help ranking, in your experience?

i thing it helps, I'm not a SEO Expert, but as far as you don't get any duplicated content error those canonical are fine to me

Anyway, I've found some SEO that says the prev/rel are better than canonical in category pagination..

https://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com.es/2011/09/pagination-with-relnext-and-relprev.html

• Like 1