Change Meta Generator Name

Hello,

I am trying to change the meta <meta name="generator" content="PrestaShop" /> to <meta name="generator" content="MySite" />

I found this in the header.tpl file in the template folder. No problems with that.

But when I open the category page or a product the content is back to PrestaShop.

Where can I change that?

Thanks!

Paul

If you check on my website www.electronicabalie.nl you'll see that on the home page it shows the correct information. eg meta name="generator" content="ElectronicaBalie" />

But if you go to the category page or one of the products pages it becomes name="generator" content="Prestashop" /> again.

Not that big issue but the code for google isn't showing so I can't track my website for visitors on google analytics.

thanks!

You have this 100% correct, most likely your seeing a cache file any time you edit .tpl files make sure you turn cache OFF turn Force Compile ON and then clear the cache from the upper right corner.

Now reload the pages and you should see generator=ElectronicaBalie

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)

Well... I had turned on force compile and turned off cache. Also deleted the folders cache and compile in cache->smarty. and the class_index.php file in the cache folder.

But nothing seems to help. it just keeps coming back. After that did a ctrl-> F5 to refresh my browser completely. It just won't go away or the google analytics doesn't work on the category page and product page.. Damn! hahaha

By now the settings are still on force compile and cache turned off. Also did clear cache on the right upper corner. What do you see?

Edited by djpaul (see edit history)

I do see the same as you describe ElectronicaBalie on home page and Prestashop on others.

Very odd as on my site this was all I changed and on mine team Shepherd USA shows as the generator for all pages.

I wonder if the google anylitics has something to do with this as the only difference I see between our <head> section is you have scripts and I do not.

I am assuming this is the Google script??

Look here   https://team-shepherdusa.com/   and tell me what you see.

The version is 1.6.1.0 and using the default bootstrap template. Done a whole searching through all files for "generator" and "<head" but I can't find anything more than the header template and a compile file. Also deleted the header.tpl. And now comes the funny part. If I delete the header.tpl in the theme folder the homepage crashes (of course). But the product pages loads perfectly. hahaha, going insane!

But your page (team-sheperdusa.com) works fine. On the main page, category page and the product page you have the generator = team-sheperd...

For testing I added the head language:<html{if isset($language_code) && $language_code} lang="test{$language_code|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}"{/if}>. Also on the home page the "test" appears but not on other categories or product pages.... pffff

Yes I have

This is a part of my header.tpl..

<head>
        {literal}
            <!-- Google Tag Manager -->
            <noscript><iframe src="//www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=something"
            height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden"></iframe></noscript>
            <script>(function(w,d,s,l,i){w[l]=w[l]||[];w[l].push({'gtm.start':
            new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm.js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],
            j=d.createElement(s),dl=l!='dataLayer'?'&l='+l:'';j.async=true;j.src=
            '//www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id='+i+dl;f.parentNode.insertBefore(j,f);
            })(window,document,'script','dataLayer','something');</script>
            <!-- End Google Tag Manager -->
        {/literal}
        {literal}
        <script>
              (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
              (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
              m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
              })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'something', 'electronicabalie.nl');
              ga('send', 'pageview');
        </script>
        {/literal}
		<meta charset="utf-8" content="" />
		<title>{$meta_title|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</title>
		{if isset($meta_description) AND $meta_description}
			<meta name="description" content="{$meta_description|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" />
		{/if}
		{if isset($meta_keywords) AND $meta_keywords}
			<meta name="keywords" content="{$meta_keywords|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" />
		{/if}
		<meta name="generator" content="ElectronicaBalie" />

Rename the file header.tpl.back load a fresh one, i assume you have an unzipped version on the hard drive.

Change the generator name in the new file andsee what happens.

If this fixes the issue try pasting the code at the bottom of the head section and see what happens, as I said this is the only diff between our files.

Ps. I used Notepad ++ to search the entire unzipped 1.6.14 files and the only place the generator line is, is in the header.

Ok, I now used the original file from the zip. As you can see the logo is changing because I made some changes in it.

But, also here, the same problems keeps coming up. Also replaced the google code to the bottom right above the the </head> property.

Damn! what the f... is going on!

Edited  by djpaul

(see edit history)

<head>

<meta charset="utf-8" />

<title>{$meta_title|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</title>

{if isset($meta_description) AND $meta_description}

<meta name="description" content="{$meta_description|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" />

{/if}

{if isset($meta_keywords) AND $meta_keywords}

<meta name="keywords" content="{$meta_keywords|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" />

{/if}

<meta name="generator" content="ElectronicaBalie" />

<meta name="robots" content="{if isset($nobots)}no{/if}index,{if isset($nofollow) && $nofollow}no{/if}follow" />

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, minimum-scale=0.25, maximum-scale=1.6, initial-scale=1.0" />

<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes" />

<link rel="icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon" href="{$favicon_url}?{$img_update_time}" />

<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="{$favicon_url}?{$img_update_time}" />

{if isset($css_files)}

{foreach from=$css_files key=css_uri item=media}

<link rel="stylesheet" href="{$css_uri|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" type="text/css" media="{$media|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" />

{/foreach}

{/if}

{if isset($js_defer) && !$js_defer && isset($js_files) && isset($js_def)}

{$js_def}

{foreach from=$js_files item=js_uri}

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$js_uri|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}"></script>

{/foreach}

{/if}

{$HOOK_HEADER}

<!--[if IE 8]>

<script src="https://oss.maxcdn.com/libs/html5shiv/3.7.0/html5shiv.js"></script>

<script src="https://oss.maxcdn.com/libs/respond.js/1.3.0/respond.min.js"></script>

<![endif]-->

{literal}

<!-- Google Tag Manager -->

<noscript><iframe src="//www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=blabla"

height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden"></iframe></noscript>

<script>(function(w,d,s,l,i){w[l]=w[l]||[];w[l].push({'gtm.start':

new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm.js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],

j=d.createElement(s),dl=l!='dataLayer'?'&l='+l:'';j.async=true;j.src=

'//www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id='+i+dl;f.parentNode.insertBefore(j,f);

})(window,document,'script','dataLayer','GTM-T22DWV');</script>

<!-- End Google Tag Manager -->

{/literal}

{literal}

<script>

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){

(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),

m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)

})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'blabla', 'electronicabalie.nl');

ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>

{/literal}

</head>

Edited by djpaul (see edit history)

Very odd indeed try deleting the generator line and see if it still shows or if now it shows nothing on index but still shows Prestashop on oter pages.

If it does you have something else going on maybe a module or some other file you modified.

I have a fresh install of 1.6.1.4 I could export the theme rename so you can load as second theme and see if issue persist.

Do you have ny overides?

Just install from the themes page it will be default-bootstrap2.

It is almost 1am here so I am outa here i will check here first thing in morning and see how it goes.

The nest step if this does not work would be to backup your shop to your hard drive back up your database.

Then create a duplicate of your shop in a sub directory,create a database  and upgrade that to 1.6.1.4 and see if anything changes.

If you need more info or help setting up a test site let me know I have several.