Paypal Usa & Canada 1.3.9

tdr170

PayPal USA & Canada  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Are Your Orders Recorded In BO After Payment.

• Yes
    • NO

Hi All.

Simply a poll to see who is actually able to use PayPal USA & Canada, as my testing has resulted in orders failing to be recorded in BO even though they are recorded at PayPal.

After Paying at PayPal you are redirected back to the shop but get the Order History instead of Order Confirmation and all items are still in the cart.

I have had this issue for what seems to be about 2 years and thought that I would like to know about others with this same issue.

If you have this issue what was your solution.

Thanks For Your Time.

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Really !!!

I was hoping to link this to my Forge report about this issue, at the same time if others are able to use this and orders are ok I woud like to know that as well.

I just installed a test store installed PayPaly USA and tried to place a test order same thing order not recorded in BO, when returnd to site, Order history instead on confirmation all items stll in cart and the message you have not plaed any orders.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there !

Got the same issue. But it only occures when there are some shipping fees. If the shipping is free, no problem at all. Every thing goes fine.

I asked Prestashop for a solution and it looks like the guy who aswers me, is from another planet, understanding nothing about this issue.

I've tried on Paypal's side, but they can't help me because the module is made by Prestashop.

Conclusion... Nobody cares about that timeless bug.

Only one word to qualify the situation : IRRESPONSABILITY !

Good luck guys !

Edited by Kreykoui (see edit history)

If you installed a test store to test the paypal usa module, did you do so on a local host like your desktop?  If so, it will not work because the Paypal IPN will not be able to reach your local host.  Also, if you have the store in maintenance mode, it will not work since the paypal IPN server IP's are not whitelisted

I do not have a problem when using the paypal usa module, unless you use a voucher or taxes, in which case you cannot even make a payment since the order total will not match the itemized total.  To correct that issue, you will need to review the pull history on github and apply several changes.

All my test are done on live server Ipage and A2 both have the same issue I posted above.

This is on a fresh install with demo products, I have also tried with my own products still same issue.

I have tried both with tax and without same issue in my case all orders do go through to PayPal and are recorded in PayPal just not sending info back to Prestashop.

With Paypal USA, orders are created by the module after receiving the IPN.  So you need to determine if you received the IPN or not.  To do that, review your servers access log to determine if the IPN was received

1) If Paypal did not send it to you, then you need to contact Paypal support.  This is unlikely, but you still need to confirm this

2) If you did receive the IPN, then it likely failed to process properly.  There could be many reasons for this, one of them being the customers phone number.  By default, Paypal does not require a phone number to be collected by the customer.  Yet, Prestashop does require a phone number.  That conflict needs to be resolved.

As I said before, the module works perfectly fine for me out of the box on a fresh install of Prestashop, so long as I do not use taxes or a voucher.  Those issues have already been addressed, so you need to apply patches from github for that.

Otherwise you need to further debug the IPN listener in the module and determine where and why it is failing.

In my case orders with tax, without tax, with voucher, without voucher, with tax and voucher, all are able to order all amounts are correctly sent to PayPal, order placed and recorded in PayPal, However after being re-directed back to shop you land at Order History with no order being placed.

The Odd thing is if you place order after order for testing every once in awhile an order will work.

For Instance to test an idea I removed all attributes from a product (Faded Short sleeve) added stock and placed an order, this order was confirmed and recorded so I placed the exact same order again and this time order history and no confirmation, so I tried again same results no confirmation.

Next I will look at the access logs, not 100% sure what to look for can you give example of an IPN from a log file for reference.

See Next Post.

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)

bellini13:

Thanks for the heads up on the taxes as this does seem to have been the issue, to be sure I did not have any alterations since last testing PayPal USA I deleted the install and re-installed a fresh 1.6.1.4 test site.

I then changed 1 product to include tax for my state FL, and tested orders first one with tax set to Alabama this order did return to Order Confirmation and all seemed OK the order was recorded on BO.

Next test was an order for the product i changed to include tax for my state FL this order failed to return to order confirmation and no order on BO.

So now I looked at the Pull request for PayPal USA module and basically started at the top of the list. I made the changes proposed in the very first request  https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop-modules/pull/434/files    and now all orders seem to be working including orders with tax and voucher.

So now I took this change to a new Install I am working on that has all my own products that also include specific prices, all products include tax for my state and so far three orders have confirmed 1 with specific prices, 1 without and 1 with 10% off voucher, all orders had tax included.

Can anyone with this same issue try this and see if it works for you, make the changes proposed in the link above and see if your orders now confirm, I will do some more testing myself to see if I can find a combination that will fail if not thank bellini13 for the great post that led to this possible fix. 

I will also post this to the forge report I have on the PayPal module and see if we can get them to update the module.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I want to thank you for all the help you provided. For the first time, my shop is now working fine with the Paypal USA module.

I want you to know that, for a beginner like me, your advices are priceless !

1 000 thanks !

• 3 weeks later...

This is not a true 1.3.10 version as you changed the files as per the pull request that have not been implimented yet.

As per my post above I already posted the change for the standard.tpl file however I do not see this as a 1.3.10 version there are many other pull request that may or may not be commited to the module to be exact 12 in total.

Only Prestashop can impliment a version change and this module has not been modified in over 8 months.

Totally agree with you tdr170...

The purpose of my post was to give a temporary solution for users who are still struggling with the Paypal modules.

I, like many others, gave up on that module when I switch to PayPal Payments Advanced for my shop, and had to purchase a paid version.

But when the paid module started to not work properly and I was losing sales because of it, I had to find a quick solution.

This solution is what I intended to share for users with similar problems.

I agree that the "PayPal USA, Canada v1.3.9 - by PrestaShop" as lots of problems and that Prestashop's developers seems to be purposely avoiding a fix for this module, perhaps to generate revenues with their paid modules.

But then again, Prestashop is a great open source solution for business starters who can't afford to invest large sums for an online store platform and those developers have to generate some sort of revenue for their hard work.

Having said that, it is time for the Prestashop's developers to fix these problems once and for all, as a working payment module is essential for an online shop.

Prestashop is losing some ground because of this, cause lots of users are getting frustrated with this and switching to other platforms.

Soooo, Prestashop developers, it is time for you guys to fix this....

Cheers

Dan

Edited by papagino (see edit history)

Yes they seem to be avoiding the PayPal module as I have posted to the forge my issues before bellini13 posted the comment about taxes and I fixed the module myself.

The last forge ticket I wrote on this subject was written Jan 16 and as of the time of this post is unassigned, I commented several times with no response I even posted the fix I found no response.

If you look at the pull request for the standard.tpl file you will see I commented on it saying it fixed my issues and should be implemented but no response from Prestashop.

At this point I think they are not making any changes to the modules unless it pertains to 1.7, all modules will have to be re-written as hooks have changes as well as other core components and modules form 1.6 do not seem to work at all with 1.7.

So when and if they do fix this module it will be for 1.7 and 1.6 users will either have to upgrade or probably fix it as we have done or just not use it.

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM-3722

• 2 weeks later...

Well sorry to report the the standard.tpl change did not solve the issue with orders not being registered in BO 100%, out of the last 5 orders 2 did not show in BO but were recorded at PayPal.

We never heard from the customer about any error or anything just luckily received the PayPal payment email so we new there was an order.

Back to PayPal Europe 3.10.1 we never have any issues when using this modules why can't they just use this same module and change it up for US.

I use standard payment so not sure that will help, I did alot of test and for me all orders came through so I went live and all the sudden 2 orders did not appear.

So even if I do change the PHP how can I know that this issue will not still come up, at least with 3.10 Euro I have no worries every order comes through.

I just changed all the logos to the US ones, the only real diff is when directed to the PayPal payment page it does not break the tax out in a separate line but as long as the total is the same I don't think the customers would ever notice.

I use standard payment so not sure that will help, I did alot of test and for me all orders came through so I went live and all the sudden 2 orders did not appear.

So even if I do change the PHP how can I know that this issue will not still come up, at least with 3.10 Euro I have no worries every order comes through.

I just changed all the logos to the US ones, the only real diff is when directed to the PayPal payment page it does not break the tax out in a separate line but as long as the total is the same I don't think the customers would ever notice.

I remember when I was using standard payment and had the same problem you mentioned...

I think that disabling, uninstalling and deleting the PayPal module, then clearing cache and installing it from a fresh download from Prestashop Addons site fixed my problems.

Also, try using different web browsers when doing your test transactions to see if you can replicate a fail transaction.

You can also check your Host Access Logs to see the failed transactions to verify if it is happening only with users using particular type of hardware/software.

Good luck with this...

Dan

Maybe some other time I will test again but I think for now I am happy with the other version it works without fail, I used for a year and a half and never had a issue so for now I have peace of mind.

I am also currently testing 1.7 so my free time goes to that it makes me want to pull my hair out enough already. LOL

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi guys!

I have another problem with the Paypal USA / Canada1.3.9 module on Prestashop 1.6.0.14. For a few days, it is impossible to connect to Paypal during a transaction. A Paypal message appears and indicates that the address is incomplete. Indeed, the country is not registered in the address of the customer. But how did this problem come about suddenly?

Is anyone able to explain what has happened and especially how to solve the problem? My shop is down in high season ...

Great thanks to all!

• 1 year later...