calculating product by Shipping weight and free shipping by price?[SOLVED]

Two Questions:

1. In my store I want to customers to reach a price threshold of $100.00 and they get free shipping, however I do the pricing of each item per weight. I sell pre-owned records, so I can't calculate shipping by price, because each release is unique(e.g. 1 record could cost $2.00 or another could cost $80.00). I tested the Free Shipping criteria, but it doesn't work if I select $100.00 because the rest of my shipping criteria is by weight not by price.

2.How can I get around that? i'm willing to put the orders manually, if there isn't a solution to my first question. how can i stop my customers to go further after $100.00. I can't disable them from going further because once again, i'm doing it by weight not price. This is for USA only.

I searched the whole forum and i don't see any mentioning about this. I hope someone can help.

Thank you!

Hi, I'm stuck with the same problem...
How did you manage to make work the free shipping after reaching $100, if the shipping criteria is driven by weight ranges?

Thanks!

Ok, I solved and it was my fault.
Some days ago I updated the default carrier though the back office (BO), and its ID changed.

I had implemented "this free shipping hack":http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/21663/general_discussion/modhacktip_free_shipping_on_one_carrier_only_dot_ , and therefore the free shipping amount in BO was simply being ignored.

Hello:

How did you get your carrier to default to "0" after it reached over the amount set for free shipping? For some reason it doesn't matter what carrier it is, it is still reading the price to ship. The cart says otherwise before checking out.

I hope someone understands what I am talking about.

Best Regards,

What Timpet is suggesting is actually the way it works. You simply set the free shipping trigger to $100.

Nevertheless, maybe you could check your file /classes/Cart.php
It includes the function that deals with free shipping, which is the following:

if (isset($configuration['PS_SHIPPING_FREE_PRICE']) AND $orderTotal >= floatval($configuration['PS_SHIPPING_FREE_PRICE']) AND floatval($configuration['PS_SHIPPING_FREE_PRICE']) > 0)
return $shipping_cost;

if (isset($configuration['PS_SHIPPING_FREE_WEIGHT']) AND $this->getTotalWeight() >= floatval($configuration['PS_SHIPPING_FREE_WEIGHT']) AND floatval($configuration['PS_SHIPPING_FREE_WEIGHT']) > 0)
return $shipping_cost;

I can understand why people not see it right away.

It doesnt make much sence to set the calculation to weight and then expect the system to react to the free limit in $ when there allso is a free limit i weight. I did allso at first expect it to use the free weight limit.

ok, I see my mistake.. I used the hack to force my native country to accept free shipping only and I thought I used the carrier ID I need to set it to free and it wasn't it. So there was nothing to read, so it went to one of the carriers that offered paid shipping.

totally my fault. It was a learning lesson nevertheless. thank you for the replies! Love prestashop!!!!