This Webpage Has A Redirect Loop

Hi!

I just installed prestashop for the first time in a sub directory to test it out. The installation was without any complications. However, I am having issues in calling the site. I get the following error in chrome:

This webpage has a redirect loop
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

My core website under the main domain/directory works just fine. The interesting part is that if I load the prestashop installation on a proxy surfing site such as proxysurfing.org, it seems to load fine.

Go to Preferences, SEO & URLs make sure the urls are correct if needed correct and save then turn off friendly urls and save then turn back on and save, see if this fixes the issue.

If not go to Advanced parameters, performance and turn cache off force compile on and save see if the issue is resolved.

Go to Preferences, SEO & URLs make sure the urls are correct if needed correct and save then turn off friendly urls and save then turn back on and save, see if this fixes the issue.

If not go to Advanced parameters, performance and turn cache off force compile on and save see if the issue is resolved.

I am not sure if I was clear enough, but I am unable to access anything in the subdomain in which pestrashop is installed, including its admin panel.

Go to your the database you created for this site and look at ps_shop_url and make sure it is correct.

Should be like this:

Domain:          yoursite.com

Domain SSL:   yoursite.com

url:                  /foldername/

Did you install through your host control panel or upload the files yourself.

Go the your files look in config folder at settings.inc.php, edit the file and make sure it is pointing to the correct database, has the correct username and password.

in the root of the shop you will find .htaccess file edit that delete all contents and save the file or re-upload depending on how you edited the file.

If all else fails since it is new delete the database delete the files or create new ones and start over.

chances are the settings.inc.php file has the wrong info.    since this is a subfolder url in settings file should look like this  /foldername/

Go to your the database you created for this site and look at ps_shop_url and make sure it is correct.

Should be like this:

Domain:          yoursite.com

Domain SSL:   yoursite.com

url:                  /foldername/

Did you install through your host control panel or upload the files yourself.

Go the your files look in config folder at settings.inc.php, edit the file and make sure it is pointing to the correct database, has the correct username and password.

in the root of the shop you will find .htaccess file edit that delete all contents and save the file or re-upload depending on how you edited the file.

If all else fails since it is new delete the database delete the files or create new ones and start over.

chances are the settings.inc.php file has the wrong info.    since this is a subfolder url in settings file should look like this  /foldername/

Tried all of the mentioned above, none worked. It is just strange that the website seems to work when I call it with a proxy. I have cleared my cache and still no luck. I will reinstall tomorrow and give it another try. Thanks for your help.