Cart Rules (Vouchers) Not Showing In Frontend

Hi! I've got a problem. I successfully generated a test cart rule and assigned to my user.

I can both see it in backoffice and on the my-account page under 'my vouchers'. So we're sure it's recorderd and assigned.

What happens is that in shopping-cart page, even after loggin in with my user, I can't see any voucher field.

Digging deeper, I can say that the $discounts template var is not populated, or, simply it counts zero. So I took a look to the controller, and saw it assign it via `$order->getCartRules()`. And getCartRules simply reads a db table. And surprise?? The order_cart_rule table is empty. So it doesn't get populated. So what's the problem here?

By the way, I'm running on latest prestashop 1.6.1.4

thank you

• 7 months later...

I just upgraded to 1.6.1.7 from 1.6.0.6 and I lost my highlighted cart rules in the shopping cart arena.

I have manually cleared smarty cache from the server, used the backoffice clear cache button, forced compilation, tried to see if paypal.js or any other issues are not showing the vouchers at the bottom of the cart but unable to find paypal.js code.

Any ideas for 1.6.1.7?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@VicOffersI have tried various total quantities. I am now using a fresh install of 1.6.1.16 and getting odd results. I must be doing something wrong.

I create a cart rule for 5 of a product must be present to get a discount. If a user adds that product (quantity 1) the voucher only shows once then disappears when adjusting the quantities up and down. Basically "Take advantage of our exclusive offers:" disappears a lot of the time.

What's the chance of this on a fresh install?

Additionally on the new install, if I set the highlighted voucher to "The cart must contain at least 1" product the  "Take advantage of our exclusive offers:" shows. If I set the "cart must contain" to 5 there is no "Take advantage of our exclusive offers:" highlighted message.

Hmmmm.....

8 hours ago, skijump said:

Additionally on the new install, if I set the highlighted voucher to "The cart must contain at least 1" product the  "Take advantage of our exclusive offers:" shows. If I set the "cart must contain" to 5 there is no "Take advantage of our exclusive offers:" highlighted message.

Hmmmm.....

hi,can you upload some images of the setting?

On 11/15/2017 at 1:43 PM, skijump said:

Hmmmm.....

if you leave the "code" blank,it will be applied automatically when the quantity reaches 5 ,so it won't show,

if you put in a code,it will  only show when the quantity >= 5

@VicOffersCould you please check your installation if that occurs. I have tried that many times, cleared cache, and installed on 2 different servers/databases without it showing when the total is >=5..

The code inserted for the discount only shows when the total actually matches 5 and then shows you can use the code if wanting. It never shows when the total is less than 5 which is the most important even.

Thanks for your help on this issue.