Error: Error:14094410:ssl Routines:ssl3_Read_Bytes:sslv3 Alert Handshake Failure Connect Failed Wit

Hi,

I am using prestashop 1.6, yesterday its working find suddenly. i got a error "Error: error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure

Connect failed with fsockopen method" how can i rectify the issue. 

Please help for the same.

Regards

Manoj 

-> 

Making new connection to 'api-3t.sandbox.paypal.com/nvp'

Connect with CURL method successful

Sending this params:

METHOD=SetExpressCheckout&VERSION=106&PWD=*********&USER=mn.bhanu-facilitator_api1.gmail.com&SIGNATURE=*********&CANCELURL=http%3A%2F%2Fnewton.co.in%2FPrestaShop%2Forder%3Fpaypal_ec_canceled%3D1%26&RETURNURL=http%3A%2F%2Fnewton.co.in%2FPrestaShop%2Fmodules%2Fpaypal%2Fexpress_checkout%2Fpayment.php&NOSHIPPING=1&BUTTONSOURCE=PRESTASHOP_EC&L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NUMBER0=24&L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NAME0=Payogel+Toothpaste+%28Pack+of+6%29&L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_DESC0=20g+%2A+6+PcMRP%3A%C2%A0%C2%A0318.00+%C2%A0Offer+Price%3A+285.00+...&L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT0=285&L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_QTY0=1&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_PAYMENTACTION=Sale&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_CURRENCYCODE=USD&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPPINGAMT=0.00&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_ITEMAMT=285&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT=285.00&ADDROVERRIDE=1&EMAIL=manojb05%40gmail.com&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTONAME=Manoj++Bhanu&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOPHONENUM=8800397318&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTREET=512+&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTREET2=513&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOCITY=New+Delhi+&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_S HIPTOSTATE=DL&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOCOUNTRYCODE=IN&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOZIP=110019&SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole&LANDINGPAGE=Login&USER=mn.bhanu-facilitator_api1.gmail.com&PWD=*********&SIGNATURE=*********

Send with CURL method failed ! Error: error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure

Connect failed with fsockopen method

I have this error in sandbox mode with the latest vesrion of PayPal europe: 3.10.2
Its still working in de live mode.

I found this:
https://www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=FAQ1766&expand=true&locale=en_US

We are making changes to the Sandbox environments prior to any Live changes, so you can verify your integration against the Sandbox. For testing prior to the Sandbox environment upgrade, we have created ‘test-*’ versions of the Sandbox endpoints (see details above). If you see these or similar error messages in the Sandbox environment, you will need to update your integration before we make changes to our Live environment.

So maybe the module needs an update.

Edited by ago2 (see edit history)

the issue has been dealt with, but it assumes your server software meets the modern encryption standards that are required.  because of the POODLE incident, SSLv3 is banned, and replaced with TLS.  apparently your environment does not support TLSv1 or it would be used

as said TSLv1 is not supported anymore in sanbox mode

https://devblog.paypal.com/upcoming-security-changes-notice/

i changed
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, defined('CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1') ? CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1 : 1);
to
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, defined('CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1_2') ? CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1_2 : 6);
in
modules/paypal/api/paypal_connect.php

and it worked for me in both modes.

the sandbox has changed as reported already above.  live has not yet changed. 

apparently TLSv1 is no longer supported, so the paypal module will need to be updated to use a different/supported TLS version.  their server would need to support that version too

• 3 months later...