500 Server Error In Front Office After Installing Template

I'm new to Prestashop and installed a (paid) template last night, but am getting a 500 server error "Oops, something went wrong" when I try to view the front office.  I was thinking this might have to do with the list of modules that needed installing/disabling/changing that came up right after I installed the template; I definitely clicked Save to the list of modules that needed installing, but I'm not sure if that also agreed to the list of modules that needed disabling, and I don't know how to get back to that list.  There's nothing in my server error logs either (probably because it did display an HTML page with the error).  What should I try?

Edit: Ok, I found the thread on 500 server errors and turned on the debugging.  Now the error message reads:

[PrestaShopException]

Invalid product vars
at line 106 in file classes/Link.php

101.             if (is_array($product) && isset($product['id_product'])) {102.                 $product = new Product($product['id_product'], false, $id_lang, $id_shop);103.             } elseif ((int)$product) {104.                 $product = new Product((int)$product, false, $id_lang, $id_shop);105.             } else {106.                 throw new PrestaShopException('Invalid product vars');107.             }108.         }109. 110.         // Set available keywords111.         $params = array();
Edited by Soliloquy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Revert to the Default theme, then when you re-enable the new theme the module options will show again.

Are you sure the Template is compatible with your Presta version, What Theme did you Purchase.

This looks as though it may be an issue with the new product.tpl and product-list.tpl files.

• Like 1

Thanks for your response, tdr170.  The theme is "Water Kids & Children" from the add-ons store ( http://addons.prestashop.com/en/children-babies-themes/20986-water-kids-children.html ), and it lists compatibility with 1.6.1.4, the version I'm running.

Reverting to the default template showed no errors.  Going back to Water Kids and Children still has errors, despite making sure the modules were enabled or disabled properly.  I didn't see anything in there about product.tpl etc.