How To Exclude Characteristic From Loading, When Editing A Product ?

Hello,

Would like to know what to comment out, in order to not load anymore the characteristics of products, when editing a product. I have a store with over 60 k products, and over 5k characteristics, it takes a while ( about 1-2 minutes ) for the characteristics to load, and that freezes the whole process of editing, cannot navigate away or do some other modifications when I'm editing the products and I don't need them changed at this point. 

Thank you

I don't deny that Store Commander would be a great product and an asset for my store, but at this time I'm looking for something, let's say it... free. So if I can comment some functions or disable some calls would bet great. I know what the problem is, but don't have the know how to resolve it.

I don't deny that this is a great product, what are you recommending. But I think that it should be some file to modify in order for not loading characteristics when I edit a product, I'm not wishing for a dev to contact me and tell me what to change, just to point me in the right direction.