Exclude product from voucher discount

I am trying to figure out a way to exclude a certain product from the voucher list.
I know I can exclude categories but I really need to exclude just a certain product.
Is this possible in PrestaShop?
Thank you

Thanks for the reply Rocky,
Unfortunately that doesn't work for me cause I'll have 1500 products in my store of which 200 must not be affected by the discount or I'll loose money.
To have 200 products in an invisible category will mess up the concept of the store.
I guess there's no solution for this... maybe it could be included in the future version of PrestaShop.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

the easiest thing for me would be to tell it:

if a product has a discount, then don't apply the voucher, and shipping has to be paid. Is there any way I can do it?

I agree. So simple yet.. so not available. There must be some wonderfully sweet person out there who can figure out a way to make a checkbox option that tells the rule to automatically exclude all discounted items... pleasepleaseplease? I would send cookies. :D

~ Elaine

• Like 2

I agree. So simple yet.. so not available. There must be some wonderfully sweet person out there who can figure out a way to make a checkbox option that tells the rule to automatically exclude all discounted items... pleasepleaseplease? I would send cookies. :D

~ Elaine

Yes dear, I am also looking for this rule (to exclude dicounted products) from discount voucher.

I keep hearing people

I am trying to figure out a way to exclude a certain product from the voucher list.

I know I can exclude categories but I really need to exclude just a certain product.

Is this possible in PrestaShop?

Thank you

How are you excluding categories from the voucher? I have looked everywhere and can't find it! I've searched the forum and google too.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I keep hearing people

How are you excluding categories from the voucher? I have looked everywhere and can't find it! I've searched the forum and google too.

Thanks!

I can't find it either in prestashop 1.5.3.1.

Does anyone know how to exclude products/categories from vouchers?

• 2 months later...

I can't find it either in prestashop 1.5.3.1.

Does anyone know how to exclude products/categories from vouchers?

same here... I am also looking for this... is there any help on this?

I have quite a number of items too... but would only want a few items to be excluded from the discount code...

Hi, if you only have a few items that you want excluded then move all the items to a separate category and make the voucher only applicable to the categories with the products you want to have the voucher in it.

You can also do this with many of products as well.

Hi

I can exclude the category from the discount but if the customer puts in a product which is in a category that has the discount applied AND a product from the non discounted category, THEN the voucher discount is applied to everything.

IS there no other solution?

BIG EDIT!

SOLVED (for me at least) In Actions mark the Apply discount to "Selected Products"

Edited by logz05 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hello everyone. I have two problems:

1) I have products in multiple categories (by color, shape etc.), so even though I have a special category for discounted products themselves, they are also mixed with other products. I would like to set a rule defining that if the product is present in e.g. Category 01, do not apply the discount, no matter if the product is also present in other categories. 

2) When I create a new category, I place one product in it (and this product is only in this category and no other) and I exclude this category in voucher settings, it works fine. But when I add another product in the cart, then it calculates the discount for both the products, even though the first one is excluded from discounts. I also tried logz05's solution, but it did not work for me. :-( 

As far as I can remember, this worked fine in the previous versions. I'm using 1.5.4.0. 

• 1 month later...

I found this:

Hello!

Steps:

1. We create new voucher
2. Conditions: http://i.imgur.com/KeGXsUm.png
3. Actions: http://i.imgur.com/ytSIX7W.png

We have 6 products in cart, 2 of them are from other categories then we select in category restriction so we want to apply voucher only for 4 other products. unfortunately voucher works for all products, it's bug in checkProductRestrictions() function because $eligibleProductsList has good products but when we do this: $selectedProducts = array_merge($selectedProducts, $eligibleProductsList); products list contains 2 products from restricted categories...

For now we have temporary solutions by adding:
$catProducts = $eligibleProductsList;

right after

$eligibleProductsList = CartRule::array_uintersect($eligibleProductsList, $matchingProductsList);

in case 'categories' and unset restricted products from array at the bottom of function:

foreach($selectedProducts as $key => $product)
{
if(in_array($product, $catProducts))

{ continue; }

else

{ unset($selectedProducts[$key]); }

}

Could someone please explaine me do i need to add that code somewhere, if so where?

Thanks!

I found a solution to my problem form post #15. It is not an ideal one, but it works if you do not have too many discounted products. In Cart rules - Conditions I ticked Product selection, then Product - Select - then I added all products from the left column to the right one, then I hand-picked all products that are on sale in my shop and transferred them back to the left column. In Actions tab I ticked Percent and Apply discount to Selected product. Now everything works it should. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hello.

With lof Coupons

I think you can do anything you want.

Lof Coupons module helps you create Vouchers by selecting each product for one or more customer , one or more group customer.

Here is the link(buy product): http://landofcoder.com/prestashop/others/lof-coupons.html

Now, let’s go to the Demo Site to see how perfect the module is.

user name: [email protected]

Password: landofcoder

Link is not valid

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I've read through the thread and solutions suggested. 

From what I understand there used to be a checkbox where you could exclude certain products, is this right? (I've only personally worked with 1.5.6) Can anyone explain why it was removed?

I guess if you pick all products and then remove the ones you don't want to be discounted that's the same as a checkbox to exclude. However if you pick a category and then want to exclude products you have a problem. Is there a quick solution for that? 

Or do I have to create a temp category for this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi

I can exclude the category from the discount but if the customer puts in a product which is in a category that has the discount applied AND a product from the non discounted category, THEN the voucher discount is applied to everything.

IS there no other solution?

BIG EDIT!

SOLVED (for me at least) In Actions mark the Apply discount to "Selected Products"

It works for me too.. thank you so much!

AMAZING!

Edited by Tia© (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

I found a solution to my problem form post #15. It is not an ideal one, but it works if you do not have too many discounted products. In Cart rules - Conditions I ticked Product selection, then Product - Select - then I added all products from the left column to the right one, then I hand-picked all products that are on sale in my shop and transferred them back to the left column. In Actions tab I ticked Percent and Apply discount to Selected product. Now everything works it should. 

Thank you! This totally did the trick  :D

• 6 months later...

For me this didn't work, because of this:

When applying the solution of post #15, we exclude a product from the conditions, BUT the conditions says: the cart must contain at least one product(s) matching the following rules. Which means this system doesn't work anymore as soon as a product that is allowed to have a discount on it is added to the cart.

So when I exclude product A (as it is already discounted or I don't want it to receive a discount) from the list, but product be is included in the list and I am making a cart:

Product B gets a discount (this is what I want)

Product A gets a double discount (as it was already discounted) or a discount I don't want (as I excluded it), because product B was added to the cart, even though Product A was in the cart.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining this correctly or clearly.

I did find an add-on to exclude already discount priced products from all cart rules, but I did not find a way to select this for specific cart rules nor did I find one for excluded regular priced product that I want to exclude from an over all webshop discount.

Any pointers to a solution would be great. (I don't know code)

• 3 months later...

Thanks a lot mouse1 BUT we need a more convenient fix for this since the workaround proposed by mouse1 (which I am using now) requires that we go back to edit the voucher every time we add a new product to the store. 

A "Selected Categries" check radial would be better so we could use mouse1 fix to do the same but for entire categories and hence not have to go edit each voucher every time we add a new product since the rule exclusion would apply to the entire category.

Odd that after all this time the PS team has not added an easy fix. 

Will have to wait...

Jer...

fixgear: if you have a good idea for a fix, might be worth submitting a pullrequest. Doesn't seem like this a big priority for the PrestaShop team… but i'm sure they'd like something that stops all our complaining about it :)

it turns out to be such a common requirement. IIRC, i think I ended up just running a database script ever night to add new products to the vouchers

I am not a programmer but I know that for a developer it would not be a big deal to add this function with a few tools...

1- provode for a check box in product descriptions such as "exclude from voucher" that when checked off, the product cannot be discounted via any voucher. This would be brilliant for products that vendors don't perhaps make any profit in like in my case with the currently  garments that we sell at cost to a running team. 

2- Add a "Selected Categories" check radial to the voucher "Actions" confuguration which would be better than the current "Selected Products" check button so we could use the mouse1 solution above but for entire categories and hence not have to go edit each voucher every time we add a new product since the rule exclusion would apply to the entire category.

3- Add an eclude rule to the "conditions" config of the voucher section to be able to easily exclude products that we do not want to have eligible for discounts. 

So many ways, not that hard.

As for "
 running a database script ever night to add new products to the vouchers, I have no idea how to do that, can you explain? 

"

Thanks,
jer...

• 8 months later...

I am not a programmer but I know that for a developer it would not be a big deal to add this function with a few tools...

1- provode for a check box in product descriptions such as "exclude from voucher" that when checked off, the product cannot be discounted via any voucher. This would be brilliant for products that vendors don't perhaps make any profit in like in my case with the currently  garments that we sell at cost to a running team. 

2- Add a "Selected Categories" check radial to the voucher "Actions" confuguration which would be better than the current "Selected Products" check button so we could use the mouse1 solution above but for entire categories and hence not have to go edit each voucher every time we add a new product since the rule exclusion would apply to the entire category.

3- Add an eclude rule to the "conditions" config of the voucher section to be able to easily exclude products that we do not want to have eligible for discounts. 

So many ways, not that hard.

As for " running a database script ever night to add new products to the vouchers, I have no idea how to do that, can you explain? 

"

Thanks,

jer...

This is true.

Why is there no Condition "exclude". Conditions should work both ways.

Can this be implemented in the next 1.6.x update?