Advanced Eu Compliance Module Also Offers Restricted Payment Methods

EvilDragon

I recently upgraded from 1.6.0.14 with installed EU Legal theme to the latest 1.6.4 with the EU Compliance module - and I've got one serious issue:

Even though I have payment methods restricted by countries (i.e. COD payment is only available in Germany), the EU Compliance Payment module always offers ALL payment methods, regardless what country the customer is.

Does anybody have a fix for this?

EDIT:

Geez, seems the bug is well known since two versions already!

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/NM-736

Dear PrestaShop team, how can 1.6.1.4 even be called stable if it contains known bugs since a few versions? :o

Edited by EvilDragon (see edit history)

The only problem with latest advancedeumodule (vers. 2.0) is that there is a picture missing on the COD payment. BTW, I'm not restricting payment by countries and I think that this option was never taken into consideration by coding this module....

post-741527-0-29180300-1453121334_thumb.jpg

EDIT: just added this bug to the forge: http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/NM-740

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

You should check on the module list. On top yopu will see if there is an update available or not. If not listed as available, so you have the latest which is 2.0.

But you are quite right. There is something strange with the behavior. I was playing with the settings of country restrictions and now I cannot activate no one anymore. On the site there is no payment available anymore. I think by deinstalling the module and installing it again this will release the payment options again.

I'm adding this problem to your open ticket EvilDragon.

post-741527-0-52042800-1453122667_thumb.jpg post-741527-0-87461700-1453122688_thumb.jpg

The only problem with latest advancedeumodule (vers. 2.0) is that there is a picture missing on the COD payment. BTW, I'm not restricting payment by countries and I think that this option was never taken into consideration by coding this module....

Well, if you do not restrict payments, then of course you won't see that as bug ;)

I'm shipping worldwide and have some payment methods (i.e. Klarna Checkout, etc.) that can only be used in Germany with my contract.

So I already had problems with some customers outside choosing it as payment method, which resulted in payment errors which resulted in having to manually cancel everything and ultimatively losing some sales, as the customers get annoyed if it doesn't work.

It worked fine with EU Legal, and as AdvancedComplianceEU is based on that, it should work as well.

EDIT: Just checked, I am using v2.0.0 as well.

You should check on the module list. On top yopu will see if there is an update available or not. If not listed as available, so you have the latest which is 2.0.

That's the one I'm using. 

But you are quite right. There is something strange with the behavior. I was playing with the settings of country restrictions and now I cannot activate no one anymore. On the site there is no payment available anymore. I think by deinstalling the module and installing it again this will release the payment options again.

I'm adding this problem to your open ticket EvilDragon.

Well, I can choose the countries where payment methods shouldn't be available, but advancedcomplianceEU ignores that setting (exactly as described in the bug report I added to my first post).

If I disable the advanced checkout method, it works as it should be

Yes seems to be a problem with one page checkout. But for me I cannot activate the payment methods for ex. for Austria again. I've attached a screen on my prior topic. There are selected, but no one appear again.

Deinstalled and installed/configured the module again. No chance. On my site I have now no payment options available..... :(  :wacko:

Well there is really a major bug in this module. Only the steps, so no one page check out, is working.

PS version is 1.6.1.4

Version module is 2.0

php-version in use is 5.6.10

The one that came included with PrestaShop 1.6.4

I used the 1-Click-Updater.

Is there a different one available?

eu compliance module does not come included with Prestashop, you HAVE to install it separately.  So the question remains, which version are you using. 

eu compliance module does not come included with Prestashop, you HAVE to install it separately.  So the question remains, which version are you using.

No matter if you use version 1.5 or 2.0 of Advancedeucompliance, both versions totally ignore the country specific payment settings. Just have a look into the code and you'll find out that the displayed payment methods only depend on the customer's group. It is in fact a severe bug - and unfortunately not the only one.

We discussed this and other bugs since months in the German forum, and I posted it in the PrestaShop blog and at Github in december 2015: http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-7473?jql=project%20in%20%28PNM%2C%20PSCSX%29.

That's certainly weird then, as I definitely didn't download it anywhere, it appeared in my module list after upgrading to 1.6.1.4 and I simply clicked on Installe...

But anyways, as mentioned above, I've got v2.0 installed.

No matter if you use version 1.5 or 2.0 of Advancedeucompliance, both versions totally ignore the country specific payment settings. Just have a look into the code and you'll find out that the displayed payment methods only depend on the customer's group. It is in fact a severe bug - and unfortunately not the only one.

And unfortunately, it's not mentioned when you're upgrading...
If I'd known that before, I'd have kept my old 1.6.0.14 with EU Legal and waited until it was fixed.

Yes, I did test the upgrade and the shop using a test-setup before, but of course I didn't test whether country restrictions were working or not (I didn't expect them NOT to be working).
This should be a HUGE red warning on every upgrade...

That's certainly weird then, as I definitely didn't download it anywhere, it appeared in my module list after upgrading to 1.6.1.4 and I simply clicked on Installe...

But anyways, as mentioned above, I've got v2.0 installed.

No, absolutely not weird. As AdvancedEUCompliance is a native module, it will be automatically installed during the upgrade when your shop is located in a European country - like yours.

And unfortunately, it's not mentioned when you're upgrading...
If I'd known that before, I'd have kept my old 1.6.0.14 with EU Legal and waited until it was fixed.

Yes, I did test the upgrade and the shop using a test-setup before, but of course I didn't test whether country restrictions were working or not (I didn't expect them NOT to be working).
This should be a HUGE red warning on every upgrade...

You're welcome in the German section of this forum. :)

There you would have found all these informations about the differences between those modules and the bugs to expect when upgrading. ;)

You're welcome in the German section of this forum. :)

There you would have found all these informations about the differences between those modules and the bugs to expect when upgrading. ;)

Yeah... found it afterwards. I just didn't expect included plugins to have such severe bugs in a stable version, that's why I didn't check before :(

No, absolutely not weird. As AdvancedEUCompliance is a native module, it will be automatically installed during the upgrade when your shop is located in a European country - like yours.

No, I do not believe this is a true statement. 

The module will appear in your module listing based on the shop location.  You still have to install it. 

My point is, the module is NOT included with Prestashop as the poster previously stated (open the download package and you will see).  Your back office will connect to the addons store and display modules that apply to you.  You still have to click INSTALL (also as the poster previously stated).

Everyone still needs to provide version information when reporting issues.  If I am going to try to assist, I don't want to waste my time guessing at the version they are using. 

Since this is a known issue and already reported to Prestashop, then not much I can do here.  Your best bet is to make as much noise as possible so that Prestashop will hear you. 

Edited by bellini13 (see edit history)

My point is, the module is NOT included with Prestashop as the poster previously stated (open the download package and you will see).  Your back office will connect to the addons store and display modules that apply to you.  You still have to click INSTALL (also as the poster previously stated).

My bad, you are right - it appears automatically in the modules list (even if you delete this module), because the back office updates the modules list xml-files every time the shop is started. But it needs to be installed. :)

EU Legal had the same issue a while ago... the fix is here:

https://github.com/EU-Legal/modules-1.6.0.14/commit/b21540998d204a1fc89161b5ac8d169f9f3c0572

Putting that Hook.php into my override/classes directory seems to fix it.

I don't have a PrestaShop Bugtracker account, so maybe someone would like to post it there as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I have similar problems. With option Aktiviere One-Page-Checkout enabled I can see no payment methods. After disabling this and refreshing payment methods are available again. 

Distinctly enabling one page checkout with the module are making that there are no payment methods for customer only message: No payment modules have been installed.

It doesn't matter which Delivery option is selected, I am also using ship2pay module for cash on delivery (if I disable it there are still no payment options with one page checkout enabled). 

How do I make payment methods present on one page checkout with the module?

Hi,

I am using advancedeucompliance and no other module, that's why I am writing here. There's an option in configuration of that module Aktiviere One-Page-Checkout

which after enabling causes no payment methods to be available. This is mandatory for TrustedShops store audit. 

I tried to apply fixes listed here: Merge pull request #4739 from Nobodaddy/patch-45 to hook.php but it didn't help, still just after activating the option I can see No payment modules have been installed.

Selecting this as disabled makes payment method to be present again. I have all country and currency requirements set up correctly. How to fix this option in Advanced EU compliance module?

Default bank wire and paypal, card payment + sofort. 

Basically I need the last step with normal order make work like this:

Summary, addresses, accept Terms and conditions then check payment and click - 'I Confirm my order' 

Instead of just clicking payment method to use it. It needs to be selected and then confirmed by clicking button. exactly like here:

https://www.prestashop.com/blog/de/files/2015/09/bestellseite-1015x1024.jpg

Edited by Jurist (see edit history)

Did you try to reinstall the payment modules after installing AEUC?

Basically I need the last step with normal order make work like this:

Summary, addresses, accept Terms and conditions then check payment and click - 'I Confirm my order'

Instead of just clicking payment method to use it. It needs to be selected and then confirmed by clicking button. exactly like here:

https://www.prestashop.com/blog/de/files/2015/09/bestellseite-1015x1024.jpg

Not compliant to EU law, but if this order of features you would like better is okay for Poland, why don't you use the normal OPC?

I don't like OPC at all. What I would prefer most is 5 step checkout plus last page just like on the screenshot. 

Payment option would need to be checked and then click on the button which is currently misisng to confirm.

It just work for us and we are satisfied with it, we have a lot of other work that needs to be done before we maybe consider OPC and implement it. It needs testing and development, work and time that we don't have right now.

I don't say 5pc is better than opc. 

I just want to make this module's function work, last page need summary, selectable payment and button with confirmation.

Any idea how to make this EU Advanced module work? 

Or how to make it like this:

payment on last step should be selectable, and after selecting it button 'I confirm my order' should become active and forward to correct payment method?

Is this possible with any other module maybe?

At the moment it's impossible to make your prestashop compliant with Customer Rights Directive 

It should work like on the attached screenshot.

I'm a bit confused now, because meanwhile I don't know what exactly is your problem:

At the moment it's impossible to make your prestashop compliant with Customer Rights Directive 

It should work like on the attached screenshot.

I know a lot of issues of AEUC that urgently need improvement, but particularly the OPC of AEUC (your attached screenshot) is totally compliant with European law and displays exactly all mandatory informations in correct order.  It contains the selectable payments (working!)compliant with, the addresses, the terms of trade and right of withdrawal and right above the confirmation button the products details.

Which means precisely that for some reasons of your configuration this feature (the payment method selection? The module as a whole?) does not work properly.

But it should be clear to you that not everyone feels that way, whether written in capital letters or not. :)

So the question seems to be: What exactly does not work properly for you - and why.

This feature probably doesn't work because I am not using default module. Even with standard COD and bankwire payment modules without ship to pay module, after installing/uninstalling resetting, clearing cache and stuff this feature doesn't work.

My question is how to make last step of prestashop order compliant with EU law. Or how to make this module work with non default template.

EDIT: I've tested it with default template enabled - the same thing, No payment modules were installed.

I renamed order-payment-advanced.tpl to order-payment and looks like it working, at least it's showing all order details on payment step however still

Unable to find any available payment option for your cart. Please contact us if the problem persists

Anybody knows how to make payment options visible with order-payment-advanced.tpl ?

After few days I have dealt with this and I can confirm that this feature with advancedeucompliance v2.0.1 works and non-default module works, or at least it is possible to make it work. You can also edit your own payment method to add hookDisplayPaymentEU to be displayed with this module and to be compliant with EU law.

My another question is, is it possible to make ship2pay module work this advancedeucompliance? I want COD to be displayed after COD carrier is selected. 

I will appreciate any response.

EDIT: Okay, I've managed to fix this too. Now this module works flawlessly. I had to edit each payment method cod and add condition:

$id_carrier = (int)$this->context->cart->id_carrier;
        if (intval($id_carrier==7)){

}

inside hookDisplayPaymentEU($params).

If any future user will have problems with EU Advanced compliance module, ship2pay and non default store template, please PM