Internal Server Error While Installing Prestashop 1.6.1.4

Hi,

I am trying to install Prestashop in my site. I was using Prestashop in the same site earlier, but did a clean delete of everything and decided to install the latest version. I am getting Internal server error. When I checked the Error logs, I can see the following lines. Someone please help me.

[Mon Jan 18 03:17:24 2016] [error] [client 14.141.101.11] SoftException in Application.cpp:256: File "/home3/****/public_html/index.php" is writeable by group
[Mon Jan 18 03:17:24 2016] [error] [client 14.141.101.11] Premature end of script headers: index.php
[Mon Jan 18 03:17:24 2016] [error] [client 14.141.101.11] File does not exist: /home3/****/public_html/500.shtml

Important:

This happens only with Prestashop 1.6.1.4, installer works for version 1.6.1.3

Thanks

Sampath

Edited by gopeppy (see edit history)

Same with me, I'm just playing with PS. 

tested last week with 1.6.1.3, installs fine
tested today with a clean upload of 1.6.1.4 - Server error 500 

on closer inspection, I noticed that the files in 1.6.1.4 are chmod 0666, where as these are 0644 in 1.6.1.3

are the files in 1.6.1.4 supposed to have permissions set to 0666? because it breaks stuff. 

thanks

my host confirmed that there is a problem with the .zip file on some LAMP configurations, when uploading to the server and extracting via CPanel. 

The work around are as follows

Extract locally and upload to the server via your preferred FTP program
Use an script installation service like softaculous
Upload the .zip file for 1.6.1.3, extract via cpanel (if that is what you use), install PS, use the PS admin to upgrade to 1.6.1.4

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Thanks for the solution. Wasted several hours. Works with 1.7 as well.

my host confirmed that there is a problem with the .zip file on some LAMP configurations, when uploading to the server and extracting via CPanel. 

The work around are as follows

Extract locally and upload to the server via your preferred FTP program
Use an script installation service like softaculous
Upload the .zip file for 1.6.1.3, extract via cpanel (if that is what you use), install PS, use the PS admin to upgrade to 1.6.1.4