Install Error "Database server was not found..."

Database server was not found. Please verify the login, password, and database server name fields.

System: PHP 5.2.6, MySQL 5.0.45 on Xserve Leopard Server OS 10.5.4

Database server name : localhost (have used 127.0.0.1 / PARA.PAR.QTS01 & PARA.PAR.QTS01.private)
Database name : prestashop (confirmed exists via terminal)

All have been checked re checked, rebooted, re-entered etc. and still it's not working. Please help as I'm absolutely stumped?

Cheers!!

Hi..i have the same problem..database server name not found, username and password not found too. actually..i dont understand what is actually the database server name? is it My SQL, phpMyAdmin, or it is anything else..please specific and provide some example..For information my website hosted by ixiy.com, a commercial hosting provider.

I had the same problem. i created user in my hosting for database i solved the problem.
database server name is the ip number of your website.When you create database in hosting pannel there will be an ip number near the database name.That is the database server name.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
A quick thing to note: I could find that the database wont connect if the database password contains special characters. So try with a different password, avoiding "+", "@" symbols.

I can confirm that. I had a very secure, generated password that contained - & { / It didn't work till i changed the password to something simpler. It seems Prestashop doesn't like secure passwords.

• 1 month later...

hi there , im new to this - same issue - I have windows 2008 and Mysql - using test as a username and password but still giving
Database server was not found. Please verify the login, password, and database server name fields.

would really appreciate some help on this .... Thank you

hi there , im new to this - same issue - I have windows 2008 and Mysql - using test as a username and password but still giving

would really appreciate some help on this .... Thank you

I had the same problem.
Trying to install on my laptop using uniserver.
It kept complaining about the same thing.
Changed the database server entry from localhost to 127.0.0.1 Sorted !

• 3 weeks later...

Like many others I have been pulling my hair out with this same problem but even more frustrating is the fact that I got it working the first time i installed it a few months ago!

Mine now recognises that the server name is correct having deleted everything and entered 127.0.0.1 but now it says "Database Server is available but database is not found."

I created the database through the cpPanel on my web server via host UK2.NET and it definately does exist - any ideas????

I can feel my life ebbing away!

Quick........................!

• 1 year later...

Thanks for trying but that doesn't work either.

I have tries every combination, deletede and started again, copied settings from my other Prestashopshop which does work but nothing?

I'm almost ready to dump Prestashop because I waste so much time every time I install a new shop.

Thanks

Tim
www.blooeyes.com (works)
www.allglammedup.com (won't work)

• 1 year later...

Thanks for trying but that doesn't work either.

I have tries every combination, deletede and started again, copied settings from my other Prestashopshop which does work but nothing?

I'm almost ready to dump Prestashop because I waste so much time every time I install a new shop.

Thanks

Tim

www.blooeyes.com (works)

www.allglammedup.com (won't work)

point to my.ini ( mysql) is it localhost or 127.0.0.1 or (your.ip.address) ? ensure to fill the same with that config on your database config.

Edited by dicaripolisi (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Database User Password should have a strength of at least 50% and we found that 10 characters work. We had the same problem, used the host ip, 127.0.0.1, tried renaming the username the same as dbname, nothing. It's just the password, that should be 10 characters long. Oh, and it does include special characters. Too bad there is no information about setting the password length/strength in the installation guide.

Bottom line: 10 characters password with a strength ofer 50%, your database ip, database name, username, user password, and ps_ in the last field.

• 3 years later...