Possible To Have Default Carrier Become Disabled With Oversized Order?

Hello,

I have a default standard shipping carrier (laposte), which I have configured to have a maximum depth of 4cm.  We sell mainly DVDs that have a width of 2cm.  If customers order more than 5 at a time, we are obliged to use another shipping method in most cases.  I have updated the width of all of my products, but this maximum depth setting does not go into effect and disable the carrier when the cart is full of items that go over the maximum depth.  Can anyone explain why this is the case and/or how I might be able to configure my carrier to obtain the settings and fuctionality that I'm trying to get.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Edited by REVOIR (see edit history)

I have been trying all kinds of different settings and have had all kinds of different outcomes.  Attached are a screenshot of the shipping details for one of our standard products and a screenshot of the shipping carrier settings that I would need to set.  The problem I am having is that no matter how many products I add to the cart to surpass the maximum limits and disable the carrier, it never works.

Any advice?  Can I clarify the situation any more?

post-904019-0-41613400-1453119313_thumb.jpg

post-904019-0-28447300-1453119216_thumb.jpg

Check to make sure you didn't select carriers when creating a product. If you created a product and selected carriers to use, those products will use the carriers selected and override your actual shipping settings no matter what you do.