Strange Smtp Issue - Please Help

Hi Everyone,

I've got a strange SMTP issue that is causing major headaches...

I'm running PS1.6.1.4 and I'm using SMTP in 'Advanced Parameters > E-mail' as the PHP mail() function on my server (Cloudways) is having issues (that's another story and I have a ticket open with Cloudways on that one).

Anyway, I set the SMTP settings pointing to my admin email account on my cPanel email hosting and all saves properly and when I send a test email from the Prestashop 'Advanced Parameters > E-mail' page, it sends properly and I get the email no problems. Looking good so far.

However - and here is where it gets weird... if I try and re-send a status email to a customer regarding their order; or, I try and update the status of a customer's order with a status that sends an email, it all fails with the error: "An error occurred while sending the e-mail to the customer." (please see screen capture). When updating a customer status it errors and indicates that it can't change the status because the email couldn't be sent to the customer. When I go back into the order, the status has been updated, but the customer doesn't receive the email. Unfortunately, the error doesn't give any indication as to why it failed.

As I understand it, by setting the SMTP, both the test email (that is successfully sent) and the customer status emails would both use exactly the same SMTP settings??? If this is the case, this should not be happening, correct???

Has anyone else seen this, or experienced similar? Does anyone have any thoughts on how I could troubleshoot this issue?

Unfortunately, I'm due to go live with this site this weekend (3 days), so it is rather important :-) So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Scott.

post-384906-0-90870600-1452636615_thumb.jpg

Edited by Austra02 (see edit history)