dgsdfsfa

One Country In Several Zones

We're using several carriers (DHL, UPS, post) and they have different zone definitions.

I.e. the same country is on Zone 2 in DHL and in Zone 3 of UPS.

How can I set this up in prestashop? Someone told me it's impossible to do it in PS.

So how do other vendors do?

Surely you're using multiple carriers, too?

Thanks.

We're using several carriers (DHL, UPS, post) and they have different zone definitions.

I.e. the same country is on Zone 2 in DHL and in Zone 3 of UPS.

How can I set this up in prestashop? Someone told me it's impossible to do it in PS.

So how do other vendors do?

Surely you're using multiple carriers, too?

Thanks.

Is this really impossible?

I wonder how you deal with this scenario.

I think multiple carriers is a fairly normal phenomenon.

You have to define a new zone for that country. Dividing zones is the way.

• Like 1

Never did this myself, but I can think of:

- create your zones, then limit carriers to certain zones

Unfortunately this doesn't work.

When you create zones and limit carriers to certain zones, it turns out that a given country can only be in one zone!

As for addons, I'm looking for one that actually works for multiple carriers with different shipping zones.

You have to define a new zone for that country. Dividing zones is the way.

Yes, it looks like the only solution.

It's a bit convoluted though, and the whole setup becomes a bit messy, especially when there are more carriers.

It would be so much easier if one country could be in multiple zones...

Hi there,

Has anyone solved this? I have different shipping prices for different zones in the UK (e.g northern ireland, channel islands and scottish highlands).

I have a module that allows me to specify different carries per zone, BUT I can only assign one zone per country.

How does Presta know if the customer is say northern ireland (rather than mainland zone), when the can only select United Kingdom as the country?

Is there a way of getting the customer to enter the zone in their address , so that presta knows which carrier to use (based on the address' zone)?

There are many things in Prestashop that work beautifully and are really impressive - but this (zones) is a huge design fault in Prestashop.

It is not practical to keep splitting the zones as suggested above. This defeats the purpose of having zones.

For example, there are 9 standard zones for a Prestashop installation. Add a carrier with 10 zones that overlap the standard Prestashop zones. Use Express and Standard shipping with that carrier that has different zone definitions. Before you know it, you must split your 9 zones into 40 just to address this. Now you must enter 40 different shipping prices for each carrier. Royal Mail has only 3 zones, but 40 zones info will be required. UPS has just 10 zones, but 40 prices will be required. Add another shipping method or another carrier and you can just split every country into a zone. Then you have 244 zones and the usefulness of zones is gone.

Prestashop should allow a country to be added to multiple zones. This way, one could set up zones for each carrier that include only the countries covered by that carrier with the applicable rates for that zone without affecting the other zones.

This requires a total redesign of the way zones work in Prestashop. Why must zone definitions be limited to countries? Why not allow a city or state to be part of a zone?

Hello,

I have to face the same problem, one country has many zones

error -  Unfortunately, there are no carriers available for your delivery address..please can you help me

my version PrestaShop 1.7.2

1.png

Edited by buddika (see edit history)

create new zone for a country.  

then you can assign that zone at carrier level.

this is how we and others have gotten around 'most' shipping requirements.  also this was mentioned above by @tuk66

• Like 1

Hi.

Anyone have a solution for this problem?

I would like to assign 3 different zones to one country because the courier charges is different fort this zones.

Prestashop 1.7 doesn't really seems can work like that.