Fatal Error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Unable To Load Template File

Hello I have a problem, my back-office (dashboard/administrator) wouldn't show anything but a blank white page. After i switched on debug mode I got the following explanation:

Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Unable to load template file 'helpers/form/form.tpl' <-- thrown in E:\HostingSpaces\User\mywebsite.com\wwwroot\tools\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 129

I've tried to upload newer "fresh" versions of prestashop and to delete the database and bring it back with backups nothing worked. I changed the rights for the whole tools folder, and I have deleted al content of directories /cache/smarty/cache/ except the file index.php and cache/smarty/compile/ also except file index.php.

But nothing helped this morning everything was working until I tried to switch the sub-domain to the main domain for updates.

I'm currently working with Prestashop version: 1.6.1.4

Strangely enough both of the websites have the front-desk working without any problem.

*Obviously i've changed the details in the error message to general info for privacy reasons.

Can anyone please help me with this!!!!!!

Hello the whole folder helpers was missing! Nobodies knows why, but somehow my ftp and server didn't agree on me loading it or something. Now force fed this folder to the server and it worked. Everything is available again! Thanks for the tip to the right path.....

gabdara

By the way 777 wasn't the answer adding the fact that my host works in windows and ignores CHMOD, for the simple fact that is Linux. They refer me to Cpanel which doesn't offer individual rights changes. Anyway it's solved so.

vekia

Good idea i tried this, but it didn't work as a whole folder was missing. But i'll remember the option for a next issue!

• 2 months later...

Hi, I just recently transfered my website from localhos to server. But I get this error-

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I checked the error logs on the server and I saw this

housealert.com.ng/admin595y2usqu/index.php
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Unable to load template file 'controllers/modules/login_addons.tpl' <--
thrown in /hermes/bosnaweb15a/b2484/ipg.peniel/Housealert2/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 129 

Sorry to bother but I really need assistance here. It would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

@Diza first make sure you've enabled development mode. Verify if all the files have been uploaded to your server. Set the appropriate permissions (you can set 777 until the issue is solved and afterwards set safer permissions). Manually remove cache, delete everything from /cache/smarty/cache and /cache/smarty/compile except index.php.

Also have a look at the Moving PrestaShop Guide.

gabdara

Thank you for the prompt answer, but I forgot to mention that the backend of the website shows that error but the frontend opens fine so enabling development mode is not possible. But I'll try the other steps. Thanks

Thanks alot, it worked. I dont know how my ftp server omitted it out and i was checking for this path /Housealert2/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php

instead. Once more thanks it has saved me alot.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Dear All,

Can you help me?
i after upgrade prestashop 1.5 to 1.6
but my front page  white screen

and than
has googling

found
To activate a debug mode, you need to open config/config.inc.php file on your server and find the following lines:

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);
@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');<br>define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);
memory on php.ini has 512MB

but on front page always get message error

Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Unable to load template file '/home/sloki/user/toke/sites/DOMAIN/www/themes/default/./product-list.tpl' in '/home/sloki/user/toke/sites/DOMAIN/www/modules/blockbestsellers/views/templates/hook/blockbestsellers-home.tpl' <-- thrown in /home/sloki/user/toke/sites/DOMAIN/www/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 129

may you help me pls?

I need your feedback

Thanks

Weili

@gabdara

Sorry to take yuo back again, but i would like to know how you were able to figure out that the problem lay in this path so that incase of next time i'll know what to do.

/YOUR_ADMIN_FOLDER/themes/default/template/controllers/modules/login_addons.tpl 

It's hinted in the error message.

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Unable to load template file 'controllers/modules/login_addons.tpl' <--

And since that path doesn't exists in the root I thought to look through the admin folder.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi
We've updated your PrestaShop and after the update has encountered an error

Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Missing template name <-- thrown in /home/.../domains/mysite.com/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php
Is there a solution to this problem?

tnx

• 2 months later...

@gabdara

I have the same error:

Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Unable to load template file 'controllers/modules/login_addons.tpl

I cannot find the login_addons.tpl file anywhere and my controllers/ folder does not even have a modules/ subfolder. Where can I find this controllers/modules folder and/or the login_addons.tpl? Is there somewhere it can be downloaded and pasted in by ftp?

@gabdara

Okay. I have the file from github.

I'm a little confused on where it should go. I have my main Prestashop folder where I installed everything...called "shop." I assume that would be the YOUR ADMIN FOLDER you reference. So after that I have themes/ but then I have default_bootstrap/ and also the theme I'm using, warehouse/. In the warehouse/ folder I have nothing like template/ or controllers/modules/. The default-bootstrap/ doesn't have anything called a template/controllers/modules/ folder either.

How do I figure out where this file should go?

Thanks in advance for your time in responding. I really appreciate it as I'm in a bit of a jam here.

Tom

Where you are looking is the root of your store. Your admin folder as you can see from github (admin-dev) is contained by root. If the admin folder name wasn't changed manually it should have a name starting with admin (eg. admin4a3ns78), otherwise look on github at the content of the folder admin-dev and then look through your folders for the same content.

Alright. Well, I'm not getting any errors anymore, and my admin login now shows up. But, now there is a new problem that I'm trying to troubleshoot. When I type in my username and password, nothing happens. The login page literally reloads. Also, the "I Forgot My Password" link does absolutely nothing as well and it just links back to the login page. I'm probably off topic now, but if anyone can address or redirect me to a new Support thread, that would be great.

I tried looking through the source code for my login page, but unfortunately I'm not a developer, so I'm struggling to understand what is missing. Here is the link to my login page if this helps. Maybe there is something wrong with the admin token???

http://luandju.com/shop/psadmin/index.php?controller=AdminLogin&token=706448592728b666602713fec183b4d8

Ok. I've gotten past the login page by resetting my cookie key and password using myPHP. Found a tutorial on trying this using a Google search.

Now, when I log in, I get this:

http://luandju.com/shop/psadmin/index.php?controller=AdminOrders&token=80959ff11abefe885d92ed91357603fc

Is it okay and or helpful to be posting these urls?

This page is supposed to be my back office dashboard, is it not? Oh boy. I fear that my site is royally messed up. Little backstory, somehow I lost my entire Prestashop install folder from my shared server space at Bluehost. So, I just copied in a backup of the entire folder, reconnected the database using myPHP, hoping that it would work. But I've been systematically tracking down and attempting to replace missing files by following clues given by error reporting. That's what's got me to this point. Maybe someone who is an expert has a view on the "big picture" with my methodology and why it's not working.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Help!!!

Add products >>> associated

Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Unable to load template file 'helpers/tree/tree_associated_header.tpl' <-- thrown in 

/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 129

AND

Add products >>> attachment

Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Unable to load template file 'helpers/uploader/attachment_ajax.tpl' <-- thrown in 

/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 129

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, fairly new here (and into Prestashop) so I'm calling out to the pro's here :)

I'm also getting an 'Unable to load' error, but on the front site, and only when visiting the english version. No problems what so ever on dutch, french and the german version. 

On the homepage, I'm getting Unable to load template file '/index.tpl'
On a content page from the CMS, I receive Unable to load template file '/cms/page.tpl'

This is my language settings view. 

https://infinit.io/_/LsCgj5A

Anyone?

Edited by inteiro (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
I have this error in prestashop 1.7.0.6 when changing language on the front:

Fatal error: Uncaught -> Smarty: Unable to load template file '/index.tpl' <- thrown in /var/www/vhosts/modajdej.com/httpdocs/modajdej/vendor/prestashop/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase. Php on line 129

Can somebody help me?

Thank you so much!

Edited by estebannerja (see edit history)

Help me, please...i change the theme i don`t can enter at front office - back office yes..

the dashboard show this error

Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Unable to load template file '/home3/grupochaux/public_html/themes/default-bootstrap/./ttproduct-list.tpl' in '/home3/grupochaux/public_html/modules/ttspeciallist/views/templates/hook/ttspeciallist.tpl' <-- thrown in /home3/grupochaux/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 129

i wait your help..community

• 1 month later...

When dealing with "smarty->fetch", be sure to use local paths.

If you are using any variable like "$this->_path" in the route of the template file inside your module, try to change it to "$this->local_path".

I wish this can help.

Regards.

• 3 months later...

I have this error in prestashop 1.7.0.6 when changing language on the front:

Fatal error: Uncaught -> Smarty: Unable to load template file '/index.tpl' <- thrown in /var/www/vhosts/modajdej.com/httpdocs/modajdej/vendor/prestashop/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase. Php on line 129

Can somebody help me?
Thank you so much!

I have the same problem with version 1.7.2.0.

I thought this might be because of the hosting which I use, but the problem occurs even when running prestashop locally on WAMP server.

Any help from prestashop support?

• 5 months later...