Google Analytics Configured And Showing Greatly Reduced Traffic?

Hi everyone,

This is a bit of an odd question - but hoping someone can comment.

Originally I had the default traffic module running on the dashboard - the one that shows in Prestashop when you first install it. It didn't really show a great deal of detail, just simply Visits / Unique Users and the traffic source always showed as direct - and I wanted to see if I could get some more detailed info.

After clicking on it, it suggested I install Google Analytics, and after a bit of a faff, I managed to get my analytics account set-up, create a project, get it all authenticated, etc etc. Generally my website stats would show around 20,000 visitors a month, so that's several hundred every day and has been consistently like that over the last 10 months. 

Now, however, after 24 hours it's only showing 55 visitors to my site?

Granted google analytics seems to be working - in that it gives more info on source traffic (i.e. if it was direct, from google, from bing, etc etc) but I am wondering why this figure is now so low? Has anyone else experienced this?

I had often thought that maybe the reason for the data being so high was bots/random traffic hitting my site, and now with google analytics maybe it doesn't show all of those access attempts?

If anyone could comment it would be greatly appreciated :)

The site in question is www.yoyovillage.co.uk

Many thanks

Luke