Too Much Spam On Prestashop Forum

gabdara

Question

As a user that likes to be subscribed to different subforums inside this forum, the spam that I receive is a real headache.

Is there any solution similar to SpamAssasin, but for forum that could be trained to recognize spam instantly and don't accept the post or send email to the subscribers?

4 answers to this question

As a user that likes to be subscribed to different subforums inside this forum, the spam that I receive is a real headache.

Is there any solution similar to SpamAssasin, but for forum that could be trained to recognize spam instantly and don't accept the post or send email to the subscribers?

spam you receive means that you receive some messages with spam?

Yes. Most of them are in chinease posted one after another by the same user, others are with text that don't make any sense.
The moderators do their job and remove them from forum, but I've already received email from them and have to remove them from inbox.

I could flag them myself as spam inside my email client, but I'm afraid that will flag other emails from the forum that are not.

@vekia you don't receive this kind of spam or you don't use the subscribe to subforums to receive message instantly?

All this spam is Korean. And I am really puzzled why Prestashop doesn't bother to build a little filter that filters out all posts containing Korean characters outside the Korean forum.

Postscriptum: shortly after I posted this suddenly a wave of Chinese spam appeared in the forum. Maybe the spammer is reading the forum....

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)