Categories Disappeared From Category Menu But In Monitoring-Menu Still There

Hi everybody!

I am quite new to Prestashop and until yesterday no problems.

But today suddenly many of my categories are gone from the category-menu (backend) and in my horizontal navigation menu.

Yesterday everything was still there and I had put my categories into the horizontal-nav-menu, nicely setup as a kind of "mega menu" with 2 small pics in there.

But today i only find the "main-category" in the horiz.nav.menu but all the subcategories are gone.

I thought it might be because these are empty categories, but yesterday they were empty as well and it worked like charm.

All my categories/subcategories are still visible in  "Monitoring"-tab..... but when i try to click edit, prestashop is loading forever and nothing happens

I tried to add products to my missing categories, but they are not visible and so i can not add.

Is there a way to get my categories back from "monitoring" to the category menu?

Why did this happen?

your help would be much appreciated :)

Hi and thx for your attention :)

I added 3 screenshots.

1st: Here I can still see my categories. But as I try to edit them it loads very long and then I get a white screen (i added ascreeshot from the URL as well)

2nd: Here the categories used to be until today

3nd: In the Horiz.Nav element under "LEDVISION" used to be all my categories and the 2 pics i uploaded 150x150px as suggested....

I don't know if in my case the categories are still in the database.

How to check this?

Many thx in advance for looking at this!!

post-1170880-0-68920800-1452249924_thumb.jpg

post-1170880-0-53153700-1452250011_thumb.jpg

post-1170880-0-83598100-1452250013_thumb.jpg

post-1170880-0-45938000-1452250562_thumb.jpg

Edited by magicmike-0815 (see edit history)

Hey Nemo1,

Thanks for this hint. Now I got the error msg

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1848 bytes) in D:\www\www737\presta\classes\db\DbPDO.php on line 132

I will try now to set the memory up but if you have additional suggestions, please let me know.

Thank you!!

Edited by magicmike-0815 (see edit history)

Hi everybody!

As I am on a share hoster I have now acces to php.ini

So I contacted my hoster and they ensured me that my memory is already set to 256MB....

What do you guys think?

Any idea?

they gave me a differerent solution to put the memory up to 512MB (max) but they also warned me I should be carefull with that.

It is a quite new installation with almost nothing in it..... really strange what do you guys recommend?

Help me please ;)