How Do I Delete The Sample Data Of The Version 1.6.1.4?

Hi, the module you need is called Database Cleaner v1.8.5 and it is by default in any 1.6+ package.

Hi, thanks for your answer, I assume you mean this module:

2014-05-21_1820.png

The fact is that in this version is not default or at least these are my modules:

IDfxPw.jpg

however the module name itself is called pscleaner, and IS NOT packaged with PS v1.6.  you have to download it from the store (either through your back office, the addons store, or from github)

Hi, I will try to download it externally if I find it , thanks for your answer.

• 3 weeks later...

In Prestashop 1.6.1.4 if installed it will be called Prestashop Cleaner if not it will be named Database Cleaner.

I have a 1.6.1.4 install I'm testing and it does appear in the modules list however if not installed it will either be in All modules or Other modules.

Here is a link to the module on github

https://github.com/PrestaShop/pscleaner

It has not been updated in over 5 months, and if it has been removed from the addons store, then I would suggest that you do not use it...

Thanks! I tested it in a local test version of the store, and it seems to me that the module does not work right in prestashop 1.6.1.4. It does not clean everything in the database. For example, some of the demo manufacturers are still there.

What else can be used to clean the database? Or, a much better solution that I am looking for is a CLEAN version of prestashop 1.6.1.4 to download, without any demo data. I was looking for it in Prestashop oficial site, but could not find it. Do you know if a clean version of prestashop is available to download?

Thanks! I tested it in a local test version of the store, and it seems to me that the module does not work right in prestashop 1.6.1.4. It does not clean everything in the database. For example, some of the demo manufacturers are still there.

there are 4 options when using the module, which option/s did you use?

there are 4 options when using the module, which option/s did you use?

Thanks! I already have the solution: the PSCLEANER module works! BUT it is necessary FIRST to optimize the PHP.INI file of the SERVER before trying cleaning the database. Open the PHP.INI file (in the server) and edit the following lines (un-comment them first):

max_input_time: -1
max_execution_time: 300

Save the file and RESTART the server. THEN you can execute the commands in the PSCLEANER module page (in the prestashop administration - install the module first, of course). Now the time for executing the scripts is HIGHER, and the module can do his job... 

In Prestashop 1.6.1.4 if installed it will be called Prestashop Cleaner if not it will be named Database Cleaner.

I have a 1.6.1.4 install I'm testing and it does appear in the modules list however if not installed it will either be in All modules or Other modules.

not sure it matters what the module is called, search the addons store for it, and you will not find it.

however I do have PS v1.6.1.4 installed, and the module does appear as an option to install v1.8.5 in my modules page.  So not really sure what they are up to.

• Like 1

not sure it matters what the module is called, search the addons store for it, and you will not find it.

however I do have PS v1.6.1.4 installed, and the module does appear as an option to install v1.8.5 in my modules page.  So not really sure what they are up to.

The module PSCLEANER is in the OTHER MODULES section in the MODULES page of the prestashop administration. It works OK, but it is necessary to edit the PHP.INI file first, to increase the time limit for executing scripts.

It only matters for the fact that others in this post say they can not find it, I have tested almost every version of 1.6 and each time the Cleaner was there albeit with different names depending on status of install.

It only matters for the fact that others in this post say they can not find it, I have tested almost every version of 1.6 and each time the Cleaner was there albeit with different names depending on status of install.

I am referring to the addons store, while you are referring to the back office.

• 2 months later...