Google Search Result

Hi Everybody
I finished my web site and I submitted some search engines.I created the site-map and robots txt,I edited Meta tag Keywords and descriptions but when I looked the Google search result I can't see my meta name description.
It's look
Nyc Bicycle Shop
Please activate JavaScript in your browser. Nyc Bicycle Shop · contact · sitemap. Welcome, Log in · Cart: product products (empty); Your Account. Categories ...
www.nycbicycleshop.com/ - Cached

I know html websites but I don't have any experience about e-commerce websites.How will I show the Googlebot to see my description?
I have another question. I am doing adjustment on the Google analytics tools.I changed the setting to E-Commerce website but what are goals setting?I don't have any idea what means and what for
Please somebody Help Me

hi,

i am a newbie here.. and i just wanted to ask about google searching issue. I have been working my blog for last 1 month. google indexed my website but my blog haven't display in google search when i search laptop manuals :(..

Can you please guide me...

Thanks

• 1 month later...

First, I'm no expert by any means, but hopefully I can offer some insight.

To the best of my knowledge it takes some time for google to crawl your entire site, especially if you have a lot of products and thus a lot of links. I initially had a similar thing happening with how google was indexing our site, but over time things began to fix itself. I can't give you a definite amount of time, b/c honestly I wasn't checking everyday, but I would say my metas took anywhere from 2-4 weeks. We are still building our site, but have uploaded a lot of products that still aren't being indexed by google. From what I have heard/read, google won't crawl all the products at once, but will do so gradually -- taking some time. You should use Tomerg3's free sitemap tool (which fixes the duplication issues in the one included with PS 1.2.5) and upload it to google using google webmaster tools. It's not an instant fix, but should help.

As for google analytics... in the modules tab -- if you install the module and click "configure" there should be indepth instructions regarding "goal setting." But essentially, you would define a url that if and when a customer reaches past that point (usually sometime during checkout) it would register as a successful conversion. I have installed the module and have set it up, but since our shop hasn't gone live yet I honestly haven't fine tuned ours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It is ok now I think.
It's look

Nyc Bicycle Shop - New York Bike Shop Located 250 West 49th Street ...
New York City Central Park Bike Shop,Discount Bike Parts,Sales,Service,Bike Tours,Bicycle Rentals.
www.nycbicycleshop.com/ - Cached

It is possible, google's browser has not acctive JavaScript when it crawl your site? lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, glad to hear that google is showing you the correct info on the search. However i am having the same problem with the "This shop requires JavaScript to run correctly. Please activate JavaScript in your browser" on the search, did you have to alter any php or tpl to correct this or is it a case of waiting for google to crawl again? Thanks...

anyone who has this.. just take out the message from header.tpl .. it's only there to serve non java enabled browsers which are few and far between anyway. If anyone doesnt have java enabled then your site is useless anyway. The way the message is implemented in prestashop is pretty bad, and by removing it you'll do no harm whatsoever... you judt dont need it in there.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...