Promotional Video On Homepage

Hello everyone!

I'm using Prestashop version 1.6.1.1.

i have created my own promotional video, and i'd like to upload it to my server instead of using youtube.

Is it possible to embed my video in the default homeslider module or is there already a module for this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Greetz RevoG  :ph34r:

Thanks for your suggestion SupportPS.

For future reference if anyone else would want something like this..

• Open Filezilla or whatever program you use.
  • Go to > "your-shop"/themes/default-bootstrap or your theme name.
  • Open header.tpl
  • Scroll all the way down till you find this:
<div class="columns-container">
				<div id="columns" class="container">
					{if $page_name !='index' && $page_name !='pagenotfound'}
						{include file="$tpl_dir./breadcrumb.tpl"}
					{/if}
  • Paste the embedded object code wherever you like. (i pasted mine after the slider_row)
  • I recommend using the flash player code because it's easy to use and most browsers support it without having to download quicktime or whatever...

Here's the code to add your flash video file:

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" 
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,16,0" 
width="320" height="400" >
<param name="movie" value="video-file.swf">
<param name="quality" value="high">
<param name="play" value="true">
<param name="LOOP" value="false">
<embed src="video-file.swf" width="320" height="400" play="true" loop="false" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" 
type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
</embed>
</object>

!important! don't forget to replace video-file.swf with your filename !important!

Hope this post will be usefull to some.

You wrote how to insert video in the tpl file of your site.
But this does not solve your problems voiced: "Is it possible to embed my video in the default homeslider module or is there already a module for this?"

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

Check this tutorial of vekia's that helps you to embed video on your home pages: https://mypresta.eu/en/art/tips-and-tricks/youtube-on-prestashop-home-tutorial.html 
Or if you want to show a vertical slider on your home page that links to a specific page, video or image then try this free module: http://www.fmemodules.com/en/55-news-slider.html  

Edited by Jacob jack (see edit history)

Hello,

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

But it's still not what i meant..

I'm sure you know the default "homeslider" module that comes with the Prestashop install.

The problem is that it only displays images, and instead of only images i would like to add videos.

Which means that the slider can both play images and videos.

As far as i know the scripts from the default HomeSlider module use bxslider.

Take a look here..: http://bxslider.com/examples/video

Now if only there's a way to integrate that script to the default homeslider it should be able to play both images and videos right?

• 2 months later...

• Open header.tpl
					{/if}
  • Paste the embedded object code wherever you like. (i pasted mine after the slider_row)
  • I recommend using the flash player code because it's easy to use and most browsers support it without having to download quicktime or whatever...

codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,16,0" 
<embed src="video-file.swf" width="320" height="400" play="true" loop="false" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" 
</embed>
</object>

!important! don't forget to replace video-file.swf with your filename !important!

where did yout upload the video file (which folder´s path)?

Thanks

Edited by HHServices (see edit history)

where did yout upload the video file (which folder´s path)?

Thanks

Hello HHServices,

Upload the .swf file to the main folder that should work. (public_html/your_shop_name)

Greetz RevoG :ph34r:

you mean to public html? There is no folder there with may shop name

My bad i use a sub-domain.

Yes where you have the robots.txt file and a lot of maps: (modules/themes/tools/controllers/config/classes/css etc etc..)

Hope this helps

Search for the right header.tpl file using filezilla it should be somewhere, else your front page would be white  ;)

My path is like this beacause i use a subdomain: /domains/MY_DOMAIN/public_html/MY_SUBDOMAIN/themes/default-bootstrap

(i'm using ps version 1.6.1.4)

No one matches, two a kind of them are a bit similar, but when I try to find part of the text told to be found early on, it is not there...

I´m really puzzled over this, although I know that there has to be a logic explanation, the site is live and running.

No one matches, two a kind of them are a bit similar, but when I try to find part of the text told to be found early on, it is not there...

I´m really puzzled over this, although I know that there has to be a logic explanation, the site is live and running.

yes i don't really understand it either, if only a moderator or someone could help you find the right file.. good luck! 

Thanks revog. Thank you very much.

I have found curious that when I try to upload a fresh header.tpl using filezilla to the thems/default bootstrap  it a kind of tries to upload it, it says the upload is succesfull, but then it deletes itself. I am going to make a video and show it here...

• Open header.tpl
					{/if}

</embed>
</object>

Sorry to bother you again revog, but when you pasted the above code as you explained in your header.tpl file, did it work and you placed the video under the top horizontal menu?

Also and if it worked, you said to find a code and then 

• Paste the embedded object code wherever you like. (i pasted mine after the slider_row)           but you dont mention what to do with the code you mention to find, you said that you placed your code after slider_row which is not in the code you mention to find, so I am a bit confused about why you mention to find 
  • <div class="columns-container">

{/if}

Can you explain please?

Thank you.

Sorry to bother you again revog, but when you pasted the above code as you explained in your header.tpl file, did it work and you placed the video under the top horizontal menu?

Also and if it worked, you said to find a code and then 

• Paste the embedded object code wherever you like. (i pasted mine after the slider_row)           but you dont mention what to do with the code you mention to find, you said that you placed your code after slider_row which is not in the code you mention to find, so I am a bit confused about why you mention to find 
  • <div class="columns-container">

{/if}

Can you explain please?

Thank you.

Hello HHServices,

The only thing i could think of why your file is automatically being deleted maybe because your storage is full?

For me the tutorial worked but i didn't like it because i wanted to use the default homeslider module to show pictures AND videos, this tutorial only explains how to embed a flash video file on your front page.

Below this piece of code should be the code for the flash video, because the columns-container is the center of the page.

{/if}

I use different modules on my front page like the default homeslider(slider_row).

My goal was to show the video below the homeslider (which worked perfectly) but i still want to show the pictures and video in one object.

I decided to leave it because i can't seem to find a module that shows both in one object, well maybe there is a module for it but it's a paid module..

Hi revog, I tried your code with a good free module (http://contentbox.org/) and it worked great, but I decided not to use it because it adds lots of weight to the shop (25 MB due to the movie), so I am testing now with embedding in that same free module and so far I like what I see.

Default home slider doesnt add much weight to the site compared with other modules so it´s a good choice if it matches your requirements. I was going to use the revolution slider due to all the fancy stuff, but it adds lots of weight so I decided for posting a video instead.

Thanks..