Customisation Charge Module?

I'm looking for a really simple (potentially) module or modification for a site I'm working on. I just need the following for certain products:

The ability to have 2 text fields, one for letters and one for numbers. When a customer orders a product (a soccer shirt), they get the option to have printing on the back, for £1 per letter & £4 per number. 

The easiest options would seem to be using the customisation fields, and just adding some code that would charge per character, but I've been unable to find a way of charging.

It really seems simple on the face of it. I don't need to have the facility to preview what the shirt would look like, just the ability to charge for the customisation!!

Any ideas???

I don't know of any module that could do this. You need some custom work done for this.

Maybe combine the functionality of Customization fields with the functionality of Combinations.

Create some combinations with impact on price the value of the two combined (eg. 1 letter + 1 number = 5, 2 l + 1 n = 6, 2 l + 2 n = 10, ... ).

Hide the combinations so the user can't manually choose.

When the user starts typing into the Customization fields, use javascript to select the corresponding combination.

It's not the most elegant solution, but it should get the job done.

Hope it makes sense.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply. After 4 hours of searching through Prestashop Addons, I found this http://addons.prestashop.com/en/front-office-features-prestashop-modules/19389-dynamic-product-price.html

It works perfectly, and the support I've had from the developer is first rate!!

Just a quick update. I've now purchased and installed this module, and it works perfectly! I had help setting it up, and even had a couple of custom modifications. 5 Stars!!