Translation package error" 1.Archive cannot be extracted"

ae

hello I just install prestashop on my hosting space and I have a problem when I import a language in this case ro.gzip.I configure my translation folder to CHMOD777 and doesn't work it....btw..with easyphp in my computer its work very well I can import this file ro.gzip. Can u give me a solution?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I also encountered the problem as stated above.

After contacting member ae I checked that all /img, /mails, /modules, /themes/prestashop/lang, /translations where standing on chmod777 but I still get the "Archive cannot be extracted"...

Anyone got an idea what might be wrong?

Thanks alot!

Just "solved" the problem, the language-pack is working now (by really put every file in these folders on CHMOD).

The only thing I wanted to let you know is that PrestaShop still gave the error as above, but implemented the file as well...(at least parts?)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I Use Filezilla, which has a very good option for CHMOD a complete directiry including files.
Worked for me.

I have every single one of those folders recursively set to 777, to no avail. I still get the same error (for the Spanish language pack). Are there any other consideration I am missing (like User / Group)? Also, is there a page that actually spells out what the permissions should be set as? All I can find is this thread. The installation instructions don't say anything about setting permissions.

Thanks,

Fernando

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys,

it seems an issue with permissions.

This solution works for me.

Moreover perm changes documented in install process (http://www.prestashop.com/wiki/Installing_And_Updating_PrestaShop_Software/#Install_PrestaShop) we need apply these perm changes at root path of our project:

chmod 777 .
chmod 777 themes
chmod 777 themes/prestashop

After that import is possible.

Please, let me know if this works for you.

After import new lang you can remove permission changes in this way:

chmod 755 .
chmod 755 themes
chmod 755 themes/prestashop

• 5 months later...
Hi guys,

it seems an issue with permissions.

This solution works for me.

Moreover perm changes documented in install process (http://www.prestashop.com/wiki/Installing_And_Updating_PrestaShop_Software/#Install_PrestaShop) we need apply these perm changes at root path of our project:

chmod 777 .
chmod 777 themes
chmod 777 themes/prestashop

After that import is possible.

Please, let me know if this works for you.

After import new lang you can remove permission changes in this way:

chmod 755 .
chmod 755 themes
chmod 755 themes/prestashop

Hi Forum !

This is my first post.

I'm having this issue after double check and apply these permissions and reapply the install permisions...

I don't know what more to check?
Any log somewhere?

Any advices?

Thanks in advances, and best regards,

Olaf Marcos

Can you give us more info about your process? Any error message?

Hi Vicent:

Thanks for the quick reply... More info:

I am installing prestashop over ISPConfig 2.2.33. (Now updated to 2.2.34)

I just install Prestashop 1.2.5 without any problem. Satisfaying all permissions in the installation.

After that I download de es.gzip package for 1.2.4 versión.

Go to Tools -> languages, and create new language with properties:
Name: Spanish (Spanish)
Code: es
Flag: Spain
Noimage: None

When I add the language, it shows a Warning icon.

Then, go to translations and import the es.gzip with the message:
"1 error
1. archive cannot be extracted"

I tried to apply the permissions of the last post without success.

Best regards,

Olaf Marcos

Can you give us more info about your process? Any error message?

Hi Vicent:

Thanks for the quick reply... More info:

I am installing prestashop over ISPConfig 2.2.33. (Now updated to 2.2.34)

I just install Prestashop 1.2.5 without any problem. Satisfaying all permissions in the installation.

After that I download de es.gzip package for 1.2.4 versión.

Go to Tools -> languages, and create new language with properties:
Name: Spanish (Spanish)
Code: es
Flag: Spain
Noimage: None

When I add the language, it shows a Warning icon.

Then, go to translations and import the es.gzip with the message:
"1 error
1. archive cannot be extracted"

I tried to apply the permissions of the last post without success.

Best regards,

Olaf Marcos

I just upgraded ISPConfig to 2.2.34 and the import was smoothly.

Thanks for everyone...

Best regards,

Olaf Marcos

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I get the same message "archive cannot be extracted" for czech language. Does it make sense to put all folders on 777 plus apply changes recursively to avoid this error message? Is it possible that I get this error message just because of one wrong CHMOD setting? I checked my CHMOD settings at least 10 times with this:

"Do not apply these permissions recursively (to their subfolders): /config, /upload, /download, /tools/smarty/compile. Then make sure the following folders have ‘write’ permissions and apply these permissions recursively (to their subfolders): /img, /mails, /modules, /themes/prestashop/lang, /translations"

but no success for me. This page did not help:
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/21419/translations/archive_cannot_be_extracted_for_language_pack
Is there any solution for this issue?

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi guys, I have similiar problem, but little bit complex.

By default I have 6 langs: PL, DE, EN, ES, IT, FR.

I deleted DE,ES,IT,FR just after the installation. I did it in admin panel.

Now I have realised that those languages are necessary for me.

I had tried to do this by admin panel - option/languages/translations - add/actualise language.

I got error - archive can not be extracted.

But what is interesting in the same way I can install different languages - CS, RU, SK and they are working ok.

What should I do now? How can I clean those languages and install them once more?

Thanks for Your help.

Regards

YacentY

• 9 months later...

Hi guys, i know that this is a recurrent topic but i think i have one more detail. I'm pretty sure (almost 99% :)) sure that the files and folders have the correct permissions. I installed the shop directly into the public server and i had to put the correct permissions. Also i've checked it several times......but i don't want to put all files and folders with 777.

In prestashop backend at "tools / configuration information" i can see:

Optional parameters:OK

Optional parameters: OK

I use ps v1.4.7.3 and PHP v5.1.6 and I have gzip and gd supported in the server. Actually i have 5 languages (those installed by default) working ok but i got this error when i try to import an entire translation from prestashop or from an uploaded file. I've tried several languages.

I've observed that prestashop really creates a folder into translations/ dir with the lang iso code as name, but i think that it could be created with wrong permissions. For example if i tried to add bulgarian language, now there is a translations/bg/ folder, but this bg/ folder has rwxr-xr-x and is owned by "apache" user, while the other folders like es/ en/ and so on are owned by my FTP user and have rwxrwxrwx permissions.

Is this the normal situation?

Best Regards

Edited by Sergius (see edit history)

Well, i think i got it:

If i change the owner of all PS files and folders (chown -R htdocs/myshop/*) and try to import an entire translation then i get the following:

Unknown column 'tl.id_linksmenutop' in 'where clause'

INSERT IGNORE INTO `ps_linksmenutop_lang` (id_link, id_lang, label) (SELECT (SELECT `id_link` FROM `ps_linksmenutop_lang` tl WHERE tl.`id_lang` = @id_lang_default AND tl.`id_linksmenutop` = `ps_linksmenutop`.`id_linksmenutop`), `id_lang`, (SELECT `label` FROM `ps_linksmenutop_lang` tl WHERE tl.`id_lang` = @id_lang_default AND tl.`id_linksmenutop` = `ps_linksmenutop`.`id_linksmenutop`) FROM `ps_lang` CROSS JOIN `ps_linksmenutop`) ;

Then I remember that I adquired CakeShop theme for Prestashop, and that ps_linksmenutop_lang table was created by the "blocktopmenu" module, which is included with the theme. When I uninstall this module, the translation import is success.

Best Regards

Edited by Sergius (see edit history)