How To Remove Suppliers, Stores And/or Factories From Index

I am using the newest default template of the newest Prestashop.  I was looking for a way to add a category menu on the left side of the page.  I saw a SOLVED post recommending Preference/Themes/Advanced and then enabling index. 

1. It worked, but just from the home page and not for other pages.  Any ideas how to get this on category and product pages too?

2. It also added below the categories: Manufacturers, Stores and Supplier.  I previously removed these same 3 links from the footer and need a way to remove them from this index.

Go to BO > Modules and Services > Positions and search for hook displayLeftColumn. Click Edit button for module Categories block and if there are some pages listed in the field Exceptions, remove them in order to see the module on all the pages.

Same for the other modules that don't appear.

For categories I see that there are no exceptions set. You should also check for the modules manufacturers and suppliers.

For categories it might be the case that the subcategories don't have their own subcategories to display so the module is not showed.

To change this behavior you can go to BO > Modules and Services > Category block, click Configure and change the option of Category root.

Thanks. I am not using subcategories.  But it is less critical than the #2 in my original post.  Maybe you can help with that.  I will copy it below:

2. Adding that index also added below the categories: Manufacturers, Stores and Supplier.  I previously removed these same 3 links from the footer and need a way to remove them from this index.

Can you tell me how to remove those links.  Even if not all 3, each one that I can remove helps a little.