[SOLVED] Shipping price or Pick up in Store - Choice

Topic moved

I don't understand why you need to ask this, since this is how Prestashop is set up by default when you first install it. On the Shipping tab, there are two carrier: "Pick up in store" and "Delivery next day". The "Pick up in store" carrier has no shipping cost. You can change the "Delivery next day" shipping costs by selecting "My carrier" in the dropdown at the bottom of the Shipping tab.

• 5 weeks later...

Exactly same issue:
I want pickup to be free and available on checkout as option 1
I want a shipping choice prestashop works perfect for this! as option 2

BOTH active and available as a choice for client on checkout

what it does not allow or perhaps I am idiot is to offer BOTH as radio option on checkout
some customers are local and will pick up free ... anyone know of answer??

• 2 weeks later...
I want the customer to be able to choose to pick the product up in the store with no shipping fees. How would I set that up?

Same problem -- and I don't recall seeing that as a default option, as when I installed PS I told it not to install anything else (modules, etc). I added a "pick up in store" option, but it does not appear as a shipping option during the check out process.

Edit your "Pick up in Store" carrier and make sure you have the your store's zone ticked, then make sure that the customer's address is in that zone, then the carrier should appear. Also, make sure that you've created price or weight ranges (depending on whether you've selected shipping as by price or by weight) for the carrier, then go to the Shipping tab, select "Pick up in Store" in the dropdown, leave all the prices as 0, then click Save.

• 6 months later...

I have same problem.

Only if you give for "free pickup from store" (whatever you name the shipping) a price - customer will see it in front office - thats a bug for me.

Edit:
Weird function but if you go to Shipping >> Carriers and in Carrier options set (click save) default for all carriers it will now take with 0 fee for carrier.

• 1 month later...
I have same problem.

Only if you give for "free pickup from store" (whatever you name the shipping) a price - customer will see it in front office - thats a bug for me.

Edit:
Weird function but if you go to Shipping >> Carriers and in Carrier options set (click save) default for all carriers it will now take with 0 fee for carrier.

Indeed is a bug, I have PrestaShop™ 1.4.0.6 and still exists.

If you let the free pickup 0 value, it will NOT show up in the customers cart, you need to make it 1 (currency), save it, then change back to 0, just lost 45min until I found this topic :(.

• 3 months later...
I have same problem.

Edit:

Indeed is a bug, I have PrestaShop™ 1.4.0.6 and still exists.

If you let the free pickup 0 value, it will NOT show up in the customers cart, you need to make it 1 (currency), save it, then change back to 0, just lost 45min until I found this topic :(.

This bug still exists in 1.4.1.0

v.1.4.1.0
I'm Thoroughlly confused on this. Tried all the options suggested, and the store pickup does not show up and the page thows an error that a carrier has not been selected. The only one there is UPS (which we set up).
Installation by default had "My Carrier-next day" and one by the default store name.
I deleted both since they were wreaking havoc on the purchase process.
Is there a simple solution for this? Seems that simply adding an in-store pickup option with $0 should be easy to add.

Hey nwcic,
Things to check, summarized from above and hopefully easier to read:

These settings are just to get it to show up in the front office...I'm on 1.4.1

1. Create new Carrier in SHIPPING > CARRIERS
- Check off your Zone (mine is North America)
- Check all group access
- Status YES
- Shipping Handling YES

2. Add New PRICE RANGES and WEIGHT RANGES of 0-10,000 for each (Price / Weight).
- this is under SHIPPING > PRICE RANGES and SHIPPING > WEIGHT RANGES

3. Click on SHIPPING and scroll down to FEES. Set a Price of $1.00 for your new Carrier.

It should show up now...and now you can undo whatever settings are not correct for you.
Hope that helps,
- Dasher

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there people,

I have version 1.4.0.17. I have followed all the steps above to make sure my pick-up option is displayed properly.
The problem I have and can't seem to resolve is that the pick up option price is always the same as the normal carrier price and it is not 0. I have tried everything but I can't get to appear as 0.
I have thought of updating to version 1.4.1 final but I have made so many changes to core files and css altogether that would take me weeks back.
Has anyone resolved this problem in version 1.4.0.17?
Is there any way to only update the carrier section as it is in final version but to keep the rest as is?
Any help is much appreciated guys.
Thanx

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Topic moved

I don't understand why you need to ask this, since this is how Prestashop is set up by default when you first install it. On the Shipping tab, there are two carrier: "Pick up in store" and "Delivery next day". The "Pick up in store" carrier has no shipping cost. You can change the "Delivery next day" shipping costs by selecting "My carrier" in the dropdown at the bottom of the Shipping tab.

Hi Roky, I would like to use the pick up in store option but i cannot find it anywhere in the back office prestashop 1.4.6.2. Could you please tell me where can if find the module or its download?

many thanks in advacne.

Maria

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

This bug still exists in 1.5.2.0

I spent hours on this simple detail alone the other day. Very disappointing and is making think that PS may not have been the way to go for me and my customers. Granted this is my first time configuring PS but it has been very peculiar to say the least. Like a bad trip!

Just getting a simple thing like a Sales Tax code to work properly was also very winded. What is with the hidden screens for Tax Rules (for example) that are only visible when you perform an add (+add) from the menu???? That only took 10 hours to discover where to enter the zipcode range for my state????

Without this Forum PS would be totally useless. Good software should stand on it's own for it's basic operation and installation..

While I am at it, as far as shipping goes, the Weight Ranges and Price Ranges as well as Cart Rules are non-straightforward to say the least IMHO.

Also, recommended PS upgrade from 1.5.2.0 to 1.5.4.1 as advertised on another topic to resolve 'FREE Shipping Multiple Carriers at once" on this forum left my Homepage Slide Show obsolete and disabled as well as skewing the Horizontal Menu Bar. I uninstalled them both in an effort to re-install them to find they are nowhere to be found for re-installation under modules? Where did they go.....Cleveland??? Thank heavens for Cpanel backup and restore!

These few factors are enough to send me running for the hills. I did complete my Shop and it is finally online and running so I do have say it does work....eventually! From my experience an end-user expecting this to work out of the gate is far fetched yet all the forum members here talk about the bugs and problems as if they are the installers fault. It isn't us....it's the software. Solved.

• 2 years later...

hi,

My question :- I  do not want to show shipping option except i want to show store  option and i have 2 store where my product is collected. I need only display that if when user cart the product and select store from given 2 store as given select option.So please advice me that how to display this information at product page or cart page. 

Edited by rudrajitnira (see edit history)

• 2 years later...
On 4/26/2010 at 6:15 AM, Burhan BVK said:

You need to enable the carrier for the zones you want. If it does not appear to local customer you probably have not enabled that shipping option for that zone.

Great !! it's work with me , Thanks