Paypal Error Code 10417

kmwa99

I had paypal card processing working fine in december 2014 using my own card details.

Finally got round to doing something with my site and upgraded to the latest version of prestashop and the paypal module.

Now can't pay using paypal.

I'm using my daughters card details, because it doesn't like mine and I get the error below.

PayPal response:TIMESTAMP -> 2015-11-23T14:52:40ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10417L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction cannot complete.L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Instruct the customer to retry the transaction using an alternative payment method from the customers PayPal wallet. The transaction did not complete with the customers selected payment method.L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Another strange thing is when I go to pay using paypal, the screen where you select paypal or credit card doesn't appear the same as before, you have to select guest. I remember before on the right of the screen, you selected card or paypal ?

Any ideas ?

• 3 weeks later...

that is the screen i get when clicking on "pay with credit card" in prestashop. The email address  in the screenshot is not kmwault@googlemail, but is [email protected], which is the paypal business address i am using. I don't know why the user isn't given the option to pay using credit card.

This was working ok at one time, I have since upgrded prestashop and any modules I was using, but I haven't amended any of the modules or other files.

It is showing exactly what it should show. This is how paypal works. It does not show the business email address, it shows the email address of the customer. To use the credit card only someone would checkout as guest, the lower grey button.

This is doing my head in :)

I've created a new user in prestashop(my girlfriend), when you click on pay with card, I get the paypal login screen below.(can't actually add the image ?)

But looks axactly the same as before, with the admin email address showing as default in the paypal email box.

I actually checked in as guest, completed all fields, hit the pay now button, and nothing happens, just hangs or returns to the paypal login.

The only evidence of anything happening is an abandoned cart in prestashop.

lord, it is showing the admin address because you have likely logged into Paypal using this address in the past.  your browser has remembered it because Paypal has likely remembered it for you.

simply change the email address to something different if you are trying to test it, this is not rocket science

• Like 1

ok, got that :)

The problem is that after selecting guest checkout, filling card details etc. when selecting continue, the screen blanks, you get a secure logging in message, then nothing happens for i dunnpo, 10 to 15 seconds, then the paypal login screen appears again, that's it. No transaction has occurred, no record in prestashop or on paypal.

I did try the paypal login and that did work ok.

I previously uninstalled the paypal module, renamed the /modules/paypal directory and reinstalled the paypal module

Is there any debug I can switch on, I just don't know whats happening.

This sounds like an error on the paypal side. One thing to note about paypal, unless they have changed something recently, you cannot use a card that is registered to an account during the guest checkout. It will make you log in the account it is registered to.

Well. It appears the problem is with the business category my website is listed under.

I sell ecigs and although on my paypal account setup it's classed under "electric and telecom - home electrics or something" apparantly, on paypals side it shows as tobacco ?

Seem to remember this problem when originally setting it up, so dunno why it's changed.

Anyway, hope they will accept it and they said they would get back to me Tuesday ish.