[MODULE] jGalleryView - version 2

Joël Gaujard

J'y ai pensé, mais le z-index du slide n'est défini ni dans le template ni dans le css :/

EDIT : J'ai été modifier la valeur directement dans le fichier jquery.galleryview-2.0.pack.js

Cependant, existe t'il un moyen de modifier ces propriétés dans le template ?

i have moved it!

on line 41

{if $my_item->url}url}">{/if}{if $my_item->url}{/if}

add this css :

.panel .panel-overlay a.panel-overlay-link {
  display:block;
  width:/* width of biggest image */
  height:/*height of biggest image */
}

on panel-overlay css erase padding, width and height.
Sorry for my bad english.

First of all, Thanks Joel for that great module. I am using Featured Content Gallery in WP and this is the closest I found so far.
Still, I too would have been interested not to display the thumbs/filmstrip but could understand how to do it.

I've seen this working example http://spaceforaname.com/panels.html but did not manage to find an answer.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your module, How I can translate in back office the english language in spanish? I see in the module the "es.php" translation but it don´t show the translation, regards

Hello Edgar,

How I can translate in back office the english language in spanish?
You need to use the internal translate tool to do this and then upload your es.php file in this thread with your full name and an URL or mail address to add your name to translator list.
You can read more on PrestaShop wiki : http://www.prestashop.com/wiki/Languages_and_translations/

Regards,
Joel

Bonjour,

J'ai actuellement installé sur ma page d'accueil le module galleryview2, il marche parfaitement bien sur tout les navigateurs internet excepté Internet explorer.

Le problème étant qu'il est excessivement lent, que les textes des légendes des différents slides se superposent faisant un gros paté, et en plus les vignettes ne sont pas cliquable ainsi que les liens !

Quelqu'un a-t-il réussi à corriger le(s) problème(s) ?

Merci pour vos futurs réponses,

Oh sorry, i don't look ! My english is so bad, but to summarize, on my website, this module doesn't function with internet explorer.

THere are 3 problems :

- So slowly
- Captions stack as one goes along that pictures parade
- We can't clicked on very small pictures.

Sorry to syntax and spelling, I'm french.

Thanks in advance,

@Joël Gaujard
Would you check my website www.pasarbebas.us . My problem is when the image small than the frame, the image tend to right side.
My question is "how can i make the image to center of the frame when it small than the frame ?"

Thanks Joël Gaujard for your module.

Some french translations to correct:

Éléments mises à jour. > Éléments mis à jour.

Suprimer l'élément > Supprimer l'élément

Vos fichiers de données est vide. > Votre fichier de données est vide.

Hello

I am in the beginning with Prestashop, so I have some difficults.
I just installed jGalleryView, and activate, but the pictures appears in the bottom of the editorial page.

I would like to put jGalleryView in the header. How can I do ?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

a bug
when loading this module the page become too much long and then come to normal (it's loading the pics)

another bug
when pictures are more than 5 the black triangle should be on the middle picture

a request
option to have more views (for ex. thumbnail pictures on right or left side instead of down)

a bug
when loading this module the page become too much long and then come to normal (it's loading the pics)
This bug directly comes form the script. Sorry I cannot do more :(

another bug
when pictures are more than 5 the black triangle should be on the middle picture
Sorry I didn't understand. Can you give me more details ?

a request
option to have more views (for ex. thumbnail pictures on right or left side instead of down)
I'm very interested too. Is there somebody whose interested to help me to enhance this module ?

Regards,
Joel

• 2 weeks later...

Bonjour,

J'ai installé ce module et tout fonctionne sauf que lors du téléchargement de la page il y a pendant une fraction de seconde une image qui apparait avec un ?. Je n'ai aucune idée de ce que cela peut être comme image manquante puisque je vois toutes mes images.

Vous pouvez le voir sur ma boutique http://aux-arts-de-la-table.com

Comment enlever cette image avec le ? ?

Merci de votre aide

Hey,
your module is awesome, however I need it or a seperate page. does anyone have any help for doing this. Basically I need a seperate page that just displays the gallery and that is it.
I figure I need to create a new hook in the database.
Modify the module to install to this hook.
Create a blank page.php, with the new hook in it.

I know there must be a bit more to it than that. Can anyone help??

This is ADHD, just my wifes login.

that would be super awesome.
Yeah a dedicated page that just has the module on it.
Do I need to create a custom hook for it?
If so I did make one, I called it gallery - just on the database side.
If you can do this it will be the last feature i need before shop is ready.
Magic!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Pour votre module “jGallery View 2”, dans quel fichier et quelle ligne peut me renseigner les infos concernant l'opacité du bandeau qui apparait sur les photos ?

J’ai noté deux css, si c’est l’un d’entre eux, lequel est ce ?

Merci de votre retour

Benjamin.

Hi Joel,

Thanks for this module, it works great and the config from the BO makes it realy easy to use.

I just have one small problem I was hoping that you or another member could help me with. I have the gallery positioned at the top of the home page of my store. It looks better at the top but I have this annoying gap across the top between the top of the home page and the top of the gallery. The gap is about 20mm abd is very noticable.

Do you know which file has the position setting/size from the top of the page to the first home page feature (i.e. the gallery) ?

And also, is it possible to change the background colour of the gallery's main body ? It's a very light grey at the moment and I wanted to change it to a shade of colour the same as my shop theme. Can you please tell me which file has the colour set ?

Thanks for your help, and again, very nice gallery.

Hello,

Pour votre module “jGallery View 2”, dans quel fichier et quelle ligne peut me renseigner les infos concernant l'opacité du bandeau qui apparait sur les photos ?

J’ai noté deux css, si c’est l’un d’entre eux, lequel est ce ?

Merci de votre retour

Benjamin.

Hello Benjamin,

ca doit être dans le fichier jgalleryview2.tpl à la ligne 16 :

,overlay_opacity:     0.4 //Opacity of panel overlay background 

FADE IN - FADE OUT EFFECT ?

I am making a shop for a client, we are using this picture slider, its very popular, most people like it.
Now, this customer really wants to have a fading effect between the slides, like fade in and fade out.
I have been looking in all files i can think of but i cant see that there is any options to make this effect.
But im sure it must be a way to do it, its such a common and popular effect for sliders so someone should have been doing it already.

Anyone have a tips on how to create the fade in/fade out effect?

Thanks
//Peter

Hi, super module - just found it. I am using it as a category module.

But:

1. Where can I change the colour of the frame - I want it white so that you see only images and text/ text overlay.
2. Is it possible to relocate the text to the left side? My images are half the page width so I would like image on one side and text next to it.
3. How to add a link to the main image.

Hello everybody,

Thanks to all for your interest for my module.

There are many request about enhance this module but I have not much time to work on it. Please can somebody help me ? All developer tools are present for collaborate on this module...

Regards,
Joel

Est-ce prévu de pouvoir changer aisément l'ordre des photos ??
Non pas prévu. Peut etre qu'une bonne ame m'aidera un jour a ameliorer ce module

Et peut-être rétrécir la taille de ces dernieres en terme d'affichage dans le back.
Je le note dans ma TODO liste.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I have a little problem with the carrousel. I dont know why but it take a lot of time (too long for a normal connection i mean) to appear online. I think it's just a short matter of code.

As you can see there : Monster Shop

Do you have an idea ?

Merci de ta réponse l'ami ;)

Hello! Every one. Just installed this module, thanks for developers!!! Google Chrome shows perfect, IE too, but Opera doesn't show it at all((only blank area with big height instead!!! The same time Opera normally shows it to me on http://www.prestashop-mu.com/125/
I did't perform any changes since I installed this module.

Check it please http://ipeds.ru

It is currently in the bottom of page (after fix I'll put it on top)

I really like Opera and the most percentage of my customers are using Opera too as google analytics saying! So It would be very appreciated if anyone will help to solve this inconvenience.

• 3 weeks later...

bonjour merci pour ce super module;
cependant je souhaiterai faire 2 modifications intéressantes,
1.comment enlever l'effet variable d'opacité sur les miniatures de la galerie?
2.comment copier le lien url sur l'image elle même, en plus du lien texte sur cette même image?

merci de votre aide.
je propose une petite rémunération pour cette modification.me contacter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there! happy new year!

Thanks for this module. As noticed previously by an user, the images loading seems take a too long time. Is it a real problem?

So a question: is it possible to display the first image and load the others on background?

• 2 weeks later...
-managed to create an independent page in Front Office, first idea was to create a press gallery for one of my customers. This means I get rid of hooks, first I created HOOK_CENTER, but javascript inclusions are difficult to manage.
I'm very interested for this functionality... Please share it with us.

Hello,

I don't know if you resolve your javascript inclusions problems to permit the module work everywhere

but I think I found the solution... it's so simple...
{if $page_name == index}

this little line in header.tpl stop the javascript inclusion if you aren’t on the index page.

I change it to

{if $page_name == index or $page_name == category}

and now my JGalleryView is also available on a hook I create for my category page.

I also find how to duplicate the module, if you're interessed.

(sorry for my english, I hope it was readable)

Et un grand merci à Joël Gaujard pour ce superbe module :)

• 1 month later...
Hello ADHD,

I can easily create a dedicated page for this module which display gallery. Tell me if is what you need...

Regards,
Joel

Hello Joel
i would like the same future also.
I have search for a solution without succes
It is easy for you to create it, or give instructions.
Best regards,
Panagiotis

Hi,

i posted this problem but i have no answer so i post it here.
I installed the jGallery View 2 v1.3.2 slide on shop.lillibulle.com

But when I add the module SEARCH in the top of page, the slide does not work images appear one above the other.
If I disable the module SEARCH, everything is normally.

I can not find the error.

I have the following error on the page:

————————————————-
$(”#search_query”).autocomplete is not a function
[stopper sur une erreur] extraParams:{ajaxSearch:1,id_lang:2}
——————————————-

But i don't understand
In advance thank you for your help

anne

• 2 weeks later...

hi Joël Gaujard,

this is really a nice moudle,and i used it before,but when i updated it again to use it again now,there is a problem happened,as i install it by ftp,the slides pics are all unfolded on my website homepage (refer to the attached pic),and make the website much longer.would you pls kindly guide me how to deal with it,and what is the problem exactly,tks a lot in advance!

best regards!

41119_zxDacuqrNhyEQthvaWvn_t

41120_MrXyo6pbjSF3fgFEbal0_t

hello everybody,

if there is someone who installed it before to meet such a problem,and how did u solve it,would you pls give me some suggestions or solution for above problems,ts a lot ~!

best regards!

hi,

so if this model is only for using in the linux web server environment but not available for windows ?tks a lot for the one who knows that soon reply.

best regards

Hi Banboy, the module has 2 template files : header.tpl and jgalleryview2.tpl .
The second one generates HTML code for the gallery itself, but the first one takes care of including CSS & Jquery files in the <head> of the page that needs the module.

This is why, in order to appear in the center column (usual use), the module also needs the "Header" hook in Back office.

I think what we see in your screenshot is the module, except that the CSS & Jquery includes failed for one reason or another. In order to be sure, check the HTML code of your page : is galleryview.css included, for example ?.. I think not, and it explains your issue.

Solution: if you don't have an advanced configuration for the module (lots of pictures, links, text...) just try to suppress/reinstall the module, because the hook management should be automatic when installing.

Solution 2 : in backoffice > hook management : check the module also appears in the hook "header of pages".

Hope it helps, Keep me informed !)

Hi everyone,

Joël, merci from Cahors for this big work you share generously with us.
I don’t know what I would do without it, seriously !

I have a problem when deleting a slide , except when it is the last one.
(I am a bit worried because no one seems to ask about it, and I swear I have been through the 13 pages !!)

After deleting picture “n”, the titles, links, desc are alright but the images are not :
The pictures 1,2,3…(n-1) are the right ones,
but the pictures n, n+1, n+2… (formerly n+1, n+2, n+3…) have “moved forward”.

example : if I delete picture 2 out of 3,
the second picture (that used to be the third before delete) keeps the formerly second picture, the one I tried to delete.

Could anyone check if he has the same issue, or maybe it is just me ? (I hope no !)

In fact, the JPG files seem not to be renamed :
slide2.jpg should be deleted, and slide3.jpg renamed to slide2.jpg
but it does not happen, and the data.xml keeps pointing slide2.jpg for picture 2.

Thanks in advance for any help !