Quick Question Regarding 1.6 Upgrade To 1.6.3 Theme

exposeclothing

Hi prestafolk,

Iv been trying out the new 1.6.3 store on a local server and trying to modify some of the template to match my current store in the hopes of upgrading, my main focus being changing the default product grid list to contain more than 3 columns.

I managed to do it in 1.6 (bootstrap theme)without issues by following the various tutorials online, and advise from these forums, however attempting to do the same with 1.6.3, iv tried 5 times, following the step by step intructions, cleared the cache and still no change. Iv got a new computer aswell which im trying out some of the chrome extensions, i must admit, firebug was always a favourite, but it cant seem to pin point where this change isnt processing.

I want to make sure that there are 4 columns for all products, whether its on the home page, specials, categories etc

what iv done:

accessed the theme directory, and edited "product-list.tpl" file

<li class="ajax_block_product{if $page_name == 'index' || $page_name == 'product'} col-xs-12 col-sm-4 col-md-3{else} col-xs-12 col-sm-6 col-md-4{/if}{if $smarty.foreach.products.iteration%$nbItemsPerLine == 0} last-in-line{elseif $smarty.foreach.products.iteration%$nbItemsPerLine == 1} first-in-line{/if}{if

IM far from a maths wizz, infact i struggle with anything number related and found the docummentation for the explanation of "bootstraps grid system" way to complicated, so i just wanted to know, how can i acheive 4 products per row, and from what i read, its changing the 4 to a 3, did this for just the col-md-4, and as a last resort changed them all (except the intial 12 column) to 3 - like this

<li class="ajax_block_product{if $page_name == 'index' || $page_name == 'product'} col-xs-12 col-sm-3 col-md-3{else} col-xs-12 col-sm-3 col-md-3{/if}{if $smarty.foreach.products.iteration%$nbItemsPerLine == 0} last-in-line{elseif $smarty.foreach.products.iteration%$nbItemsPerLine == 1} first-in-line{/if}{if

then i adjusted the "number per lines" at the top of the product-list.tpl

{*define numbers of product per line in other page for desktop*}
    {if $page_name !='index' && $page_name !='product'}
        {assign var='nbItemsPerLine' value=4}
        {assign var='nbItemsPerLineTablet' value=4}
        {assign var='nbItemsPerLineMobile' value=4}
    {else}
        {assign var='nbItemsPerLine' value=4}
        {assign var='nbItemsPerLineTablet' value=4}
        {assign var='nbItemsPerLineMobile' value=4}
    {/if}

then i accessed the js file within the theme, selected global and followed the comments left on a blog that said to only edit the "4" and leave the rest unchanged, so i changed the "4" to "3" as shown below, Cleared cache, refreshed...nothings changed

if (view == 'list')
    {
        $('ul.product_list').removeClass('grid').addClass('list row');
        $('.product_list > li').removeClass('col-xs-12 col-sm-6 col-md-3').addClass('col-xs-12');
        $('.product_list > li').each(function(index, element) {
            html = '';
            html = '<div class="product-container"><div class="row">';
                html += '<div class="left-block col-xs-12 col-xs-6 col-md-3">' + $(element).find('.left-block').html() + '</div>';
                html += '<div class="center-block col-xs-12 col-xs-6 col-md-3">';

when i inspect the element of the grid display, it still says

<li class="ajax_block_product col-xs-12 col-sm-6 col-md-4 first-in-line first-item-of-tablet-line first-item-of-mobile-line" style="height: auto; margin-

Im not sure where its getting this line from, since i checked the file and it remains changed. Is it because im using a laptop with a touch screen?

Can anyone verify that the tutorial written here - http://blog.belvg.com/how-to-change-default-grid-in-prestashop-1-6.html   works for prestashop 1.6.3 theme?

thank you