Product Combination Dropdown Menu Adding Wrong Combination To Cart

Ht872

I've searched the forums but cannot find anyone else with the same issue; here is what's happening:

When you click on a product there's a dropdown menu to select the size - the product combinations.  When you click on a product size, for a split-second it selects the product size that you select but then the price above the drop down menu switches back to a random product size and although the drop down menu still seems to select the correct product size on first glance, if you click on it again you can see that it has selected a different size option.  If you click add to cart then the wrong product size is added to the cart.

This doesn't happen all of the time, perhaps half of the time when first loading a product and selecting a size and then less often after it's done it once on the product.  It tends to reoccur quickly again when trying again on another product.

This is a serious problem because it appears to the customer that they have selected the correct product variation but the price is incorrect and when they add the product to the cart it adds the incorrect size.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it as I'm really struggling to find the cause.

Thanks.

Edit: I'm running v1.6.0.9

Edited by Ht872 (see edit history)

Ok, made some progress here.  Turns out the problem is long product names.  If the product names are long and only vary at the end of the name, such as a size then you end up with multiple product variations all having the same URL (as the url is cut off before the change in product name).  For example the following variation:

http: // websitename .com/ ProductName/VeryLongCombinationNameSIZE

could become:

http: // websitename.com/ProductName/VeryLongCombinationNa

This means that regardless of the size you select, it always actually selects the LAST size in that particular group of identical URL's.  You could have several groups of identical URL's within one drop down menu.

Anyway the upshot is that the URL's need to be made longer so they don't cut off or I will have to adjust the product combination titles so they vary earlier in their name before the URL gets cut off.

Any advice would be good.  If I manage to sort it then I will post a fix.

Edited by Ht872 (see edit history)