How to Add a Blog to my site?

Hi all,

I would like to start a blog to go along with my business, but I am not sure how to integrate it into my prestashop site. Can anyone advise on how to do this? Is there a module or is there some other way?

thanks so much for your help and ideas.

Kate
Sweet Cricket Stationery

hello
also you can use "wiznav" module and instead of "bookmark" tab you can put your blog address.

Thanks all for your responses.

I'm looking into the News Module, but I think what I really want is a wordpress blog on my site with the address something like www.sweetcricket.com/blog or www.blog.sweetcricket.com

is this possible?

thanks so much!

Kate
Sweet Cricket Stationery

hello
there is a theme for presta that have a blog and personal website with it self. you can use it. i don't think that you can use presta and wordpress in the same time on one server.
here is the theme:
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/27311/themes/theme_new_free_wallcraft_template__pluxml_blog

download page:
http://dgcraft.free.fr/blog/index.php/prestashop-themes/theme-wall-craft-prestashop/

demo:
http://photosalgerie.free.fr/wallcraft/

goodluck

I'm looking into the News Module, but I think what I really want is a wordpress blog on my site with the address something like www.sweetcricket.com/blog or www.blog.sweetcricket.com

is this possible?

thanks so much!

Kate
Sweet Cricket Stationery

You can use the news module and do URL rewrite to www.sweetcricket.com/blog

thanks everyone!

I actually installed a wordpress blog onto sweetcricket.com/blog and it seems to be working fine? Am I missing something re: other comments that it's not possible to do this? The two are not integrated at all, but that's fine with me.

as always, thanks. I am so appreciative of this forum and all those who are "with it" enough to contribute (maybe someday I'll actually be able to help someone instead of asking questions all the time!)

Kate

some servers have the installation of blogs that are integrated under their installcentral i.e. Ipage. use that, create a subdomain and link your blog -> header on your website to that url address. as the above post mentioned, only problem is skining your blog to make it look like part of your website. Pretty tedious i would say.. Lol .... especially since this is using smarty pants schema and not html/php. else it would be a whole load easier.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

is this possible?

thanks so much!

Kate

Sweet Cricket Stationery

its not possible presashop's theme integrate with wordpress...but u can use own a theme for ur blog with wordpress