How Do I Show Other Categories That The Selected Product Is In ?

I have found this function in tools.php

public static function getProductCategoriesFull

Im thinking thats the function I need to use, but how can I use it in the product.tpl ?

Im making an inks site and 1 ink can be in 30 different categories, so I want to show the other categories as " This ink also works in the following printers ", plus the links will need to be clickable.

Thanks

Ray

Does the above function not do that job Nemo ? If not could you explain how to get the info for the categories.

I just need the category name and the link to the category.

btw. I purchasedyour stepbystep module last night for this same site. does the job excellent.

Only 1 small problem, I hooked it to the top to show on all pages. It shows on the homepage too which is good, but it uses the block css instead of the top css on the homepage only. Ive got around it by copying the top css to hook css but this is just my fix.

Cheers

• 2 years later...

Hey NemoPS,
Using this tutorial can I change the image to the category thumbnail instead of the main image ?
I cant work out how to do this.

Presumably this code

url('{$link->getCatImageLink($product_category.link_rewrite,$product_category.id_category)}')

url('{$link->getCatImageLink($product_category.link_rewrite,$product_category.id_category)}')

I guess I need to add -medium_default to the url somehow.

Cheers

Ray