Remove Discount/cart Rules Not Working - Huuuuge Problem!

Hi guys,

How is it possible to remove the discounts on thousands of products?!?

I have a 1.6.1.1.shop with more than 10.000 products.

When I have launched the store a few weeks ago, I have set discount on all of the products, as store launch promotions.

As my suppliers are adapting the prices daily, I am forced to do so and I am updating them daily by changing the discount percentage in the CSV import.

A few days ago I have decided to stop the discounts on the products from specific suppliers, so I set the discount to 0 in the .CSV import file. There were no errors during import, I was not suspecting any missbehaviour.

But now I'm discovering that all these products are still in promotion, withe the old discounts, causing me losses each day! The discounts are not removed through CSV import!

I have made several tests with the import, but no solution yet:

• if I set the discount percentage to 0, it is not taken into consideration and the old discount remains
  • if I change the discount to any other value different than 0, it is changed, but it's not what I need

For now I have changed all the discounts to 1%, but if I was a customer I would laugh if I saw a 1% discount!

How can it be that it's not possible to remove the discounts once they are set? You can only modify them, but not remove!

Please help, I'm desperate!

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I did not manage to solve the problem, but got rid of the discounts in my shop. I think I made a new discount on 0% to override the previous one, but don't remember exactly. Spent hours and hours and this was as good as it got. Now it says 0% in red letters on all products, which looks bad. Please see for yourself:

http://obriens.no/spill-programmer/3432-2-player-super-league.html

New products added after the problem works fine, but I don't dare to do another discount campaign in Prestashop before I know a solution to this problem.

Here it is working on new products, just click on an item:

http://obriens.no/

Is there anyone out there with a solution? Sure hope so. :)

I have found a workarround.

In fact, I think I wasn't using the discounts as they are supposed to be used. I have set unlimited time frame discounts and trying to cancel them by setting 0% discount.

But they seems to be better working with time limited discounts.

So, if you want to cancel a discount, just set "discount from" and "discount to" fields from the import file to a time interval that is not including today's date => the discount are disabled.

Hope that helps, it sure caused me some issues!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have found a workarround.

In fact, I think I wasn't using the discounts as they are supposed to be used. I have set unlimited time frame discounts and trying to cancel them by setting 0% discount.

But they seems to be better working with time limited discounts.

So, if you want to cancel a discount, just set "discount from" and "discount to" fields from the import file to a time interval that is not including today's date => the discount are disabled.

Hope that helps, it sure caused me some issues!

Hi @razvy

So if I add yesterdays expiration date (for expample) on my products that I need to remove discount from, discount will be inactive/disabled/removed?

Thanks

Edited by vmarkovic (see edit history)

• 8 months later...

did this ever get resolved? I tried adding the expiration date (csv column Discount to (yyyy-mm-dd)) to the day before my current date but it still showed the discount on each product. Im now having to manually load each product page in the BO and remove each specific price - all 300 that i added via csv import.