How To Display The Same Unit Price For Different Product Combinations?

Hello to PrestaShop Community,

I searched a lot before this post but I couldn't find a proper solution that suits my needs.

I'm building my first online shop and there are some things I really don't understand.

I have the latest version installed: 1.6.1.2

The shop should offer some food products and default product price is per kg, eg. 10 EUR per 1kg.

First of all, I realized there are no options to input decimal values in product order, at least not without 3rd party plugin.

Therefore I created 4 Weight attributes of the Product: 100 grams, 250 grams, 500 grams and 1000 grams (default), so the customer can order any total weight (100 grams is the minimum offer).

I want the shop to display default unit price in all possible combinations, but I can't find a way to do it.

Example:

Prices

Wholesale price: 0

Retail price: EUR 10

Tax rule: No Tax

Unit price: EUR 10 per kg

Combinations

(100 g Weight attribute)

Wholesale price: 0

Impact on price: Decrease of EUR 9.0 or 9.0

(The final product price will be set to 1 EUR)

Impact on weight: Reduction of kg 0.9

Impact on unit price: None of EUR/kg

Now, when I select desired product in the cart and choose 100g variation, I get:

1 EUR (our_price_display)

1 EUR per kg (price_unit_display) <- This should be 10 EUR per kg

The same goes for all other attributes:

for 250g:

2.5 EUR

2.5 EUR per kg

for 500g:

5.0 EUR

5.0 EUR per kg

Can someone explain me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

You're expecting PrestaShop to realize that the attributes are fractions of weight but there is no way it could possibly know that.

You need manually enter change to unit price on each combination so that the change is 0.

Now if for some reason 0 doesn't work -- it should -- but the one time I tried to use unit price changes this way it didn't then you need to just manually adjust it using hit and miss until you get it to give the result you want

Thank you very much, Naldinho.

It seemed logical that customer could order fractions of a given product, eg. 0.5 pound of sugar if base price is per pound, or 0.6m of wire if price is per meter.

I saw an addon that does exactly what I need, but it's overpriced, so I won't use it for sure.

That is also some sort of confirmation that this option is required many times.

OK about that, I figured out that I can always set smaller dimension, although it is not common in most cases.

Regarding unit price, it just doesn't work with any possible combination, so I will have to mess with the code.

You will surely agree that most users are not php developers, so I believe it should be standard functionality that works out of the box.