Maximum Execution Time Of 30 Seconds Exceeded ?

Hi guys,

My shop is really slow and i've these errors in errol log file:

[27-Nov-2015 10:20:24 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/lecobott/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_cacheresource_file.php on line 196

What can i do please?

Thanks! Bye

You can easily find it out. Disable the module and see if the page loads. If it does, then yeah it's causing the issue, otherwise it's something else

I can not understand, since the problem does not always offers ...

When it presents, however, the site is just blocked.

How can I identify the problem?

• 2 years later...

I know its a few year ago you talked about this, but i just had the same issue on a few stores.

It seems like it dont affect smaller stores, but as soon you hit +1000 products and a good amount of categories, you hit the wall.

Any chance any of you had found a solution ?

Edit: acually i just tested on a smaller site, same issue - and its on a other server setup.

increase the max Execution time is not the real solution, a simple task like this should not take up 30 secounds to execute.

Edited by Casper_O
More info (see edit history)

I did some more fiddle with our stores, since after i disabled "Productscategory" I found out it also failed at our frontpage and on product pages it just failed at the next "related products"  module, in our case a "other products from same manufactor" module.

My conclusion is, that the wishlish module is making the problems. It was the only thing in the hook, that was next to be outputted in what i could see. After I disabled the module, it seems to run fine. I can't make the store fail again. Question is if this is a theme fault or a module fault.