Child Theme

Hi Can someone explain me how work child theme in prestashop ? 

I found some tutorials which said that I need copy whole theme ... But what If i need change only some files in my theme ? and want other core files of theme preserve for future updates ?

Many developers are selling single theme with multiple demos (or homepage layouts) in it.

So, can I switch between those layouts from back-office using custom module which they might be providing OR they provide separate install-able zip for each layout which has to be installed from "Themes" page as usual?

Please share here if anyone has good tutorial on how to develop such multi-layout themes as one theme.

There is no tutorial how to do that, there are numbers of possibilites, I personally think that a couple of separate installations .zip is difficult to maintain, that's why I have a mechanism that manipulates module positions respectively after the change of theme style or simply include specific module .tpl files... but for sure - there is no such a thing like a tutorial for that kind of problems

• 1 month later...

There is no tutorial how to do that, there are numbers of possibilites, I personally think that a couple of separate installations .zip is difficult to maintain, that's why I have a mechanism that manipulates module positions respectively after the change of theme style or simply include specific module .tpl files... but for sure - there is no such a thing like a tutorial for that kind of problems

I would like to know more about your mechanism on developing multiple homepage layouts in single theme.

How to enable/disable or change specific module's position while switching the layout?

I would appreciate if you can provide as much info as possible on this subject.