Upgrading Manually And 1-Click

I'm at my whits end here... I'm pretty sure, I couldn't drink enough beer to get this to be over with.

I've tried the 1-click... the first time it errored out on the database part.  Now I can't get it to not do the the backup and it times out.

I've tried going to manual route and I get this.

Strict Standards: require_once() [function.require-once]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CST/-6.0/no DST' instead in /home4/lizard/public_html/newshop/install/init.php on line 51

Warning: require_once(/home4/lizard/public_html/newshop/config/bootstrap.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home4/lizard/public_html/newshop/install/init.php on line 51

Strict Standards: require_once() [function.require-once]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CST/-6.0/no DST' instead in /home4/lizard/public_html/newshop/install/init.php on line 51

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home4/lizard/public_html/newshop/config/bootstrap.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php52/lib/php') in /home4/lizard/public_html/newshop/install/init.php on line 51

I've never had so much problems upgrading before.  I'm going from 1.5.x to 1.6.1.  I'd be totally fine with new files if I can get my database upgraded, as my theme has an upgrade too.  I just want this to be over.... please please can someone help me.