Caching Modules Confusion

peal

Hello,

I am a little bit confused (ok, more than little) about all the caching systems used around.

We are going to upgrade our server and prestashop as well so I would like to sort out few things...

Server is nginx with php 5.6 installed. PS version would be latest probably.

Now, what are the possibilities to speed it up?

I read it is good to use APCu, memchached and pagespeed. Is it possible to use them all without conflicts, or are they some alternatives and it's better to use just one (or some)?

I have read pagespeed documentation and it seems to do lot's of impressive things. This one looks promising to me.

Currently we were using APC but it's not supported in PHP 5.6 anymore, but there is APCu. I believe this cache system is used for caching compiled php files?

And finaly memcached. I do not have any experience with it but I found several articles it's used very often as well.

Could I ask you to clarify which one is ok to use on up to date server?

Thank you very much for any related comments.

Actually that's not a problem - site is working without errors. The reason why I am asking is that we have currently php 5.2 with APC and nothing else. While upgrading server, we would like to be prepared and take it as the opportunity to get maximum of it.

For now we are sure APC can;t be used with php 5.6. APCu seems to be a replacement but some claim that inbuilt opcache is enough.

The same with mod_pagespeed - for some must have, for others buggy module which should be avoided.

I would love to see some opinions what can be used alltogether.