Category Images Appear As Question Marks In Backend (Admin)

Hi,

I'm in the process of setting up a shop using Prestashop 1.6.0.9. I've set up the categories first, but am starting to add the category images and have noticed that, although the image appears on the front end shop, it appears as a question mark in the back end admin area when I go in to edit the category details.

I've tried regenerating images, setting permissions on the img folder as 777 and turning off seo urls but none of these fixed it. Is there anything else I can try?

Many thanks

A further thing I tried was adding in duplicates of the category image types, category_default & tm_category_default, without the _default, then regenerating thumbnails again. This also made no difference.

Caching is turned off also.

I'm working my way through the various suggestions related to images being replaced by question marks in the Prestashop admin area but so far no luck. Quite new to Prestashop but hoping the community here might be able to point me in the right direction.

Update: The same was happening with the products, sort of. In the front end, product images were fine. In the back end, in the list of products they were appearing as question marks. If you dug down into the product details > images they appeared ok in there.

The site is running on Heart Internet and used the default installation of Prestashop via their eXtend control panel. This installed version 1.6.0.9. After installing the 1-click Upgrade mod and upgrading to version 1.6.1.2 the image issue appears to be fixed. Some database errors reported by the upgrade process though, so that is a worry. I'm asking about that in the upgrading forum.

So whether there was something quite wrong with version 1.6.0.9 or just with how Heart Internet's system dishes it out, this may be the fix (dependent on how serious the errors turn out to be!)