[Solved] Customer Order Emails Not Sending Correctly?

Skazz

Hi guys, I hope someone can help. I'm developing my shop and doing test transactions with Paypal in sandbox mode, but I'm having problems with customer order confirmations. The emails Paypal send are being sent and received with no problem, and the email prestashop sends to me, the merchant, get through fine, but the customer email address never recieves an order confirmation or anything. However, in the back-office I have enabled email logging and under Advanced Parameters/Email, all the emails are showing up as having been sent (one to my merchant address, which I'm receiving, and a payment accepted and an order confirmation to the customer address, which aren't received.) The customer address is a hotmail one, and my email config for prestashop is the default php one, I don't know if either is relevant. I hope someone knows what's happening! Look forward to hearing from you all!

Kat

Edited to add: I just tested with another email address to see if a customer will recieve the notification of having created an account. That email does arrives successfully, and an order placed through the account recieves both its notification emails. All help much appreciated!

Edit: I have solved this problem. It seems to have been an issue with using the default php mail settings. When I changed this so that my settings are set to the smtp settings of my server, all mails are sent correctly. Hope this helps someone!

Edited by Skazz (see edit history)
  • Like 1