[Solution] Slow Back-Office? Forever Spinning Save Icon? - Final Solution 28/12/15

Hey all,

After updating my web-shop from V1.6.0.9 to V1.6.1.1.
I had to wait up to 45 second to save or edit a product.

Of course when you need to add and or edit allot on your web-shop you just cant sit and wait 45 seconds every time you hit the save button!
After allot of searching i founded the solution which turned out i only had to wait 3-4 seconds!

So i am going to share the solution(s) i found, so you guys can solve the issue on your prestashop.

Make sure to hit the follow button if your in need for a solution

First solution (not server related): (Works 100% if your issue is NOT server related)

• Upgrade your webshop using Prestashop One-Click-Upgrade
  • Select Advanced options and select Channel "* Release candidate"
  • Upgrade your webshop to Prestashop V1.6.1.3 RC1
  • Your issue should be solved, other while take a look at solution 2

Second Solution (Server related): PHP server issue please upgrade/downgrade to 5.3.30

Or follow the steps mentioned by Labels here

Post from Labels:

Hi to all!

i had the same problem with always spinning icons on the saving. With a blank installation of the 1.6.1.3!

I have solved the problem on my system. After a long time of searching and reading this forum.

Please look at this problem in the php.log file. At my installation on a plesk 12 virtual server was the basedir wrong.

So the system cant take the JS files.

For me it works with the configuration to php 5.5 and as open_basedir={DOCROOT}{/}{:}{TMP}{/}.

I hope this will help some peoples!

Many greets

Andreas

Did this solution work for you?
please like this post and or post a message so others can also find it.

Edited by Crezzur (see edit history)
  • Like 2

@nemo1

The "AdminControler.php" is the latest version of Github (which worked for me)

When this doesn't work like happened with @ares11 its probably a cache issue.

For the moment i am using a bunch of files to overwrite the old ones which seems to work.

I am still filtering down which files are needed for this. i will need more client that have this problem in order to resolve the issue.

I can confirm that using Prestashop Alpha V 1.6.1.3 resolve all back-office problems (spinning save button, cache issues)

whats did you change i have update all the file and the icon still spinning 

i delete the cache in smary directory but problem persist

I would like to ask to send me your Back-office credentials and your FTP credentials.

In order for me to find the files for people where the problem still stays after this update (in order to help people in the future)

You can send it to me in pm (you don't have to, but at this moment i cannot say which file is responsible for the error)

Disabling the spinning icons is not a solution this could be potential harmful for you web-shop i strongly discourage people to do this.

I can confirm that using Prestashop Alpha V 1.6.1.3 resolve all back-office problems (spinning save button, cache issues)

Pho_Xo12.pngSorry to tell you that it does not solve anything overhere.

'Running' latest 1.6.1.3 RC1 and still same spinning icons here. I changed browsers, Firefox and Chrome. 

Will try with exploder now.

You are doing a great job, a job that should have been done by Prestashop herself. 

Keep up the good work.

update 12:18

Although the spinning icons keep on spinning, the quantities are updated now. And that was my main concern. Thanks for helping out. 

Edited by sjaakie3 (see edit history)

Pho_Xo12.pngSorry to tell you that it does not solve anything overhere.

'Running' latest 1.6.1.3 RC1 and still same spinning icons here. I changed browsers, Firefox and Chrome. 

Will try with eploder now.

You are doing a great job, a job that should have been done by Prestashop herself. 

Keep up the good work.

If you want i could take a look at your shop and see whats the problem (but then in need your credentials)

I'm looking to solve all these issues and post them in this thread to get a clear overview of what people need to do.

Update:

Does your save icons spin forever? please try the following and LET ME KNOW!

• Go to "your_webshop/js/admin/products.js"
  • Scroll down to line 177
  • you will see the following line there: current_tab = $(request.responseText).filter('.product-tab').attr('id').replace('product-', '');
  • Disable that line like this: /* current_tab = $(request.responseText).filter('.product-tab').attr('id').replace('product-', ''); */
  • Save and upload
  • Did this stop the spinning icon? PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

This solution doesnt work.

I'm having the same problem, spinning endlessly...also the preston mascot is spinning, If I use ctrl + f5, I can navigate, and change things, but it's a pain to do this over and over. My catalog has almost 60k products, so I don't mind a litle wait, but this is absurd....

Crezzur can you please explain how it can be harmful to my webstore?.. I have been using it this way for months but never experienced any problems :)

When you hit the save button before all files are loaded you might start compromising your MYSQL table.

Because if you only have for example 50% loaded it will only save 50%.

This will result in products which are only saved or edit for 50%

I would never advice this to anyone, there is a reason why its loading forever (see solution 2)

This is a issue with your server not being able to load all requested files.

(because your memory_limit is set to low)

I'm having the same problem, spinning endlessly...also the preston mascot is spinning, If I use ctrl + f5, I can navigate, and change things, but it's a pain to do this over and over. My catalog has almost 60k products, so I don't mind a litle wait, but this is absurd....

You could try to upgrade to PrestaShop Version 1.6.1.3 if your issue is not server related this will be solved for 100%

Other while it will be a server issue, you will need to change you php.ini file and increase the memory limit in this file.

Hi there

maybe my problem is different, but it is the same: (there is not spinning)

when I click on save or save and stay, nothing happen abd the button stays grey!

P.S: if I click on the button "cancel' it works fine! the problem is only with save and save and stay!

any help! Itried the 1st option, nothing happened, I don't have the second 

Hi there

maybe my problem is different, but it is the same: (there is not spinning)

when I click on save or save and stay, nothing happen abd the button stays grey!

P.S: if I click on the button "cancel' it works fine! the problem is only with save and save and stay!

any help! Itried the 1st option, nothing happened, I don't have the second 

could you grant me access to your back-office so i can run some diagnostics?

I spent a couple of days wasting time , experimenting all the bunch of " solutions" published since february, for no result at all.

My final solution was to remove the 1.6.1.3 version ( and even the next candidate to release version)  and to implement the 1.6.0.9 version....then no more problems...

By chance it is a new site I am creating, so it wasn't populated with products yet. 

Anyway, a shame that Prestashop Team has not been of any help in this issue. 

Another possible solution I found today on www.modules-shop.com : 

Sorry it is in french and I can't test it since I installed now Prestashop 1.6.0.9

Bug prestashop 1.6.1.2 – Impossible d’enregistrer une fiche produit

publié 4 novembre 2015 fichier sous prestashop®

Suite à l’un de nos tickets, un webmaster nous a signalé un bug lié à la version 1.6.1.2…

Lors de la création ou la modification d’une fiche produit, rien ne se passe !

L’origine est due au « counter » présent dans l’onglet RÉFÉRENCEMENT – SEO,

la Meta description qui est de 255 caractères « natif » maximum, vient de passer maladroitement à 160 caractères…

Dans l’attente d’une correction par la forge Prestashop permettant au moins d’afficher un message d’avertissement lors de la sauvegarde du produit, ainsi que l’homogénéisation par  la modification sur /classes/Product/Product.php

‘meta_description’ => array(‘type’ => self::TYPE_STRING, ‘lang’ => true, ‘validate’ => ‘isGenericName’, ‘size’ => 160)

voici le palliatif :

à l’aide de votre client FTP, éditer : _ici-votre-dossier-admin_/themes/default/template/controllers/products/seo.tpl
et à la ligne 60

remplacez

maxlength=160

par

maxlength=255

I "upgraded" to  1.6.0.14  which is when my spinning buttons started.

I have tried all the above suggestions, finally installing 1.6.1.3 RC1.  I also can now change quantities only, but that is progress. However, the spinning buttons will not allow any other changes. I have max execution time set to 1000 and memory to 1024. I use store manager to update products - it is the only way. Related problems may help - I don't know as I am not a programmer, but the indexing does not work - always times out. I have 1500 products and the best indexing only reaches around 1300. Adding missing files to index always results in a blank page and does not add any products. Also my configuration information page never loads in version 1.6.0.14 but is ok in 1.6.1.3 RC1. Store manager will not update product combinations, so my store cannot carry on much longer. I hope someone can find a solution soon!

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

Version 1.6.1.3

Increasing memory size did not help.

AdminController.php did not help.

Log says:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught  --> Smarty: Invalid compiled template for 'page_header_toolbar.tpl' <-- \n  thrown in D:\\WEB\\Kunden\\Grundofen\\prestashop\\tools\\smarty\\sysplugins\\smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 182, referer: http://localhost/d_web/Kunden/Grundofen/prestashop/adminxxxxxx/index.php?controller=AdminProducts&id_product=5&updateproduct&token=a9985ec0ad73cc7ad0acb1feb0ac1bec

I have presta 1.6.1.1 and when I enter the Catalog>products screen the save buttons spin forever, so I can't change anything in the products.

I tried solutions:

1) updating the AdminController.php with the file in the 1st post and nothing happened.

2) updating to 1.6.1.3 with 1-click update, nothing again.

3) Checked my server logs for memory errors, nothing found.

4) Cleared smarty cache, nothing.

At the moment I can't change anything in my products, because as soon as I enter one of the product tabs the Saves buttons are constantly spinning.  

Hi,

I am working on localhost with php 5.6.8.

I transferred to a server working with php 5.4.48. This solved the problem.

But I what I don't understand: In the requirements is written minimum php 5.2+  But a maximum php Version is not written.

Problem solved.

• Like 1

PLEASE NOTE:

If one of the solution did not work, the best way to solve this is to contact your hosting provider.
The issue is related to your PHP version, i have read post of people upgraded PHP to 5.5.30 which solved the issue.

This will NEVER be solved by prestashop for one reason, the added a system which checks if all files are loaded,

if this is not the case your not allowed to save your product(s) to prevent damage to your web-shop.

They wont remove this option for a handful of people. it for your own good!

If upgrading to the latest prestashop version doesn't help your problem is SERVER RELATED which means your have to CONTACT THE PEOPLE WHO KEEPS YOUR WEBSITE/WEB-SHOP ONLINE

• Like 1

PLEASE NOTE:

If one of the solution did not work, the best way to solve this is to contact your hosting provider.

The issue is related to your PHP version, i have read post of people upgraded PHP to 5.5.30 which solved the issue.

This will NEVER be solved by prestashop for one reason, the added a system which checks if all files are loaded,

if this is not the case your not allowed to save your product(s) to prevent damage to your web-shop.

They wont remove this option for a handful of people. it for your own good!

If upgrading to the latest prestashop version doesn't help your problem is SERVER RELATED which means your have to CONTACT THE PEOPLE WHO KEEPS YOUR WEBSITE/WEB-SHOP ONLINE

I am using presta 1.6.1.3 and I confirm that my hoster changed the PHP to 5.5.30 and now the problem is solved. I think that new presta installations should require a min 5.5.30 PHP to avoid this terrible problem.

• Like 2

Hi to all!

i had the same problem with allways spinning icons on the saving. With a blank installation of the 1.6.1.3!

I have solved the problem on my system. After a long time of searching and reading this forum.

Please look at this problem in the php.log file. At my installation on a plesk 12 virtual server was the basedir wrong.

For me it works with the configuration to php 5.5 and as open_basedir={DOCROOT}{/}{:}{TMP}{/}.

Many greets

Andreas

• Like 2

Hi to all!

i had the same problem with allways spinning icons on the saving. With a blank installation of the 1.6.1.3!

Many greets

Andreas

I have added your post to the solutions, thanks for your input!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Same bug. Tried all, nothing works. 

How many months needed by Prestashop team (maybe) or (rather) by the users community in here, before someone is able to find a solid solution to this strong bug?

Thanks for the ones helping, but it's CMS editor"s role to fix that, isn't it ?

I, too, have been bit by this bug.  I just installed version 1.6.1.3 to test out PrestaShop and I've been able to add only a single product to the cart.  I can't add any more products.  I can't even change that product without getting the spinning save buttons.  I've tried every version of PHP on the server, 5.3.x, 5.4.x, 5.5.x, to no avail.

It's frustrating to see that no one from PrestaShop has fixed this ongoing problem, let alone responded to it.  Do they even acknowledge that it's a genuine problem?

UPDATE: Just updated the cart to 1.6.1.4 but it didn't fix the problem.

Edited by niblett (see edit history)

Same issue for me.

It suddenly appeared in my 1.6.1.0 site a few days ago and I have no idea what triggered it.

I have done a test upgrade to 1.6.1.4 and it hasn't fixed it.

The interesting thing is that I don't see the problem when using Internet Explorer.

It only occurs for me in Chrome and Firefox.

• Like 1

Hi, I'm building new shop and had similar problem with v1.6.1.3 after I imported products from our online shop(v1.5) to localhost. When i wanted to edit a product the save button and save and stay button were spinning all the time and getting (500 Internal Server Error). I went to the Advanced settings/performance and than tested all the option ON and OFF , than I found that when I choose "force compilation" on Template compilation the problem appears and if I change it to " Never recompile template files" no problem at all. I tested this least 15 or 20 times just for to be sure and it works for me. so i thought maybe it can be worth to try for you guys also.

Hi, I'm building new shop and had similar problem with v1.6.1.3 after I imported products from our online shop(v1.5) to localhost. When i wanted to edit a product the save button and save and stay button were spinning all the time and getting (500 Internal Server Error). I went to the Advanced settings/performance and than tested all the option ON and OFF , than I found that when I choose "force compilation" on Template compilation the problem appears and if I change it to " Never recompile template files" no problem at all. I tested this least 15 or 20 times just for to be sure and it works for me. so i thought maybe it can be worth to try for you guys also.

Hi, thanks for your suggestion.

I tried it but unfortunately it didn't work for me.

• Like 2

Same issue for me.

It suddenly appeared in my 1.6.1.0 site a few days ago and I have no idea what triggered it.

I have done a test upgrade to 1.6.1.4 and it hasn't fixed it.

The interesting thing is that I don't see the problem when using Internet Explorer.

It only occurs for me in Chrome and Firefox.

Thanks Deepee! I went to IE and it works perfectly. I will have to use IE browser until there is a fix... smh!

I found out what was causing this issue on my site..... Rocket Loader.

I use CloudFlare and had enabled Rocket Loader in the "Speed" tab of my CloudFlare control panel.

I had enable it because it is supposed to Improve load time for pages that include JavaScript.

I have pasted the expanded explanation below, and the last line tells the story of what happened to my site.

I know Rocket Loader is also available as an add on in cPanel.

Perhaps this is causing the same issue for other Prestashop users subscribing to this thread?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does Rocket Loader do?

Rocket Loader can improve load times for pages that include JavaScript. Your search engine ranking may be improved by reducing page load time.

Rocket Loader improves page load times by:

Decreasing the number of network requests by bundling JavaScript files, even third party resources, to avoid slowing down page rendering
    Asynchronously loading scripts, including third party scripts, so that they do not block the content of your page from loading immediately
    Caching scripts locally (using LocalStorage, available on most browsers and smart phones) so they aren't refetched unless necessary

What Rocket Loader setting should I use?

Automatic: Optimize all JavaScript resources on your website. No configuration required
    Manual: Selectively enable Rocket Loader for individual scripts. Add the following attribute to the script tag for each script where you want to enable Rocket Loader:
        data-cfasync="true"

Note: The 'data-cfasync' attribute must be added to the HTML script tag before the 'src' attribute (adding the attribute via JavaScript is not sufficient).

Rocket Loader is considered Beta because it’s an experimental feature that modifies the loading and execution flow of Javascript. While efforts are taken to increase Rocket Loader’s compatibility with third-party Javascripts, not all scripts work with this feature. Issues with Rocket Loader affect only a small percentage of customers.

• Like 1

I use CloudFlare and had enabled Rocket Loader in the "Speed" tab of my CloudFlare control panel.

I had enable it because it is supposed to Improve load time for pages that include JavaScript.

I have pasted the expanded explanation below, and the last line tells the story of what happened to my site.

Perhaps this is causing the same issue for other Prestashop users subscribing to this thread?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rocket Loader can improve load times for pages that include JavaScript. Your search engine ranking may be improved by reducing page load time.

Decreasing the number of network requests by bundling JavaScript files, even third party resources, to avoid slowing down page rendering

Asynchronously loading scripts, including third party scripts, so that they do not block the content of your page from loading immediately

Caching scripts locally (using LocalStorage, available on most browsers and smart phones) so they aren't refetched unless necessary

Automatic: Optimize all JavaScript resources on your website. No configuration required

Manual: Selectively enable Rocket Loader for individual scripts. Add the following attribute to the script tag for each script where you want to enable Rocket Loader:

data-cfasync="true"

Note: The 'data-cfasync' attribute must be added to the HTML script tag before the 'src' attribute (adding the attribute via JavaScript is not sufficient).

Rocket Loader is considered Beta because it’s an experimental feature that modifies the loading and execution flow of Javascript. While efforts are taken to increase Rocket Loader’s compatibility with third-party Javascripts, not all scripts work with this feature. Issues with Rocket Loader affect only a small percentage of customers.

I had the same issue, but fix it from the page rules. Added the admin in the page rule, and disabled rocket loader, so that is a quick fix for that. I have another idea about the spinning error, on my website I have about 4k features and it's about that, I'm looking for a way to disable features from loading when editing a product.

Hello I've got the same problem, after I did a "one click upgrade" to version 1.6.1.4 this problem started.

Any good solution for this.

I did install 1.6.1.4  in a blank test url and there the buttons don't spin, so it seems something with upgrading / overwriting is going wrong.

Hello I've got the same problem, after I did a "one click upgrade" to version 1.6.1.4 this problem started.

Any good solution for this.

I did install 1.6.1.4  in a blank test url and there the buttons don't spin, so it seems something with upgrading / overwriting is going wrong.

Have you reported that finding on forge? Might be a step in the right direction.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My save buttons are spinning on a loop, so I can't edit the prices of my products!

I upgraded recently to the latest version of Prestashop after being hacked.

At first the product changes would save automatically - despite the spinning buttons, now the changes don't save and the buttons keep spinning.

I've tried different php servers in Cpanel, not made any difference.

Can somebody help?

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a solution that worked for me...

I'm developing my website on my localhost (home computer using xampp) and on my internet host (Bluehost) at the same time.

I make a change on my localhost, see what it looks like, and then make the same change to my internet host, which is in maintenance mode and cannot display my website unless I enable the shop.

I actually started configuring on my internet host first, copied all of my settings to my localhost, and both sites are now equal in terms of settings, products, and images.

Interestingly, my localhost is throwing errors including the spinning save buttons, tabs not loading completely, and product not being written because it's asking for at lease one in English.

I took someone's advice and tried to load the tabs by clicking on each tab before entering in product. That didn't work, but I did notice that SMARTY (Advanced Parameters > Performance) was the module reporting the error on each of the tabs that didn't load. On my internet host, I changed the SMARTY setting from 'Never compile template files' to 'Force compilation' because I had made a change to a template and it was it wasn't displaying not matter how many times I uploaded the file. When I changed the SMARTY setting to 'Force compilation', my template loaded as I wanted.

While the 'Force compilation' setting on my internet host doesn't cause any errors, that setting causes multiple errors on my localhost.

On my localhost, I changed the SMARTY setting back to 'Never compile template files', and all of the errors and spinning save buttons went away.  

https://www.facebook.com/henry1media

• 2 weeks later...

data-cfasync="true"

Worked like a charm ! How did you noticed that ?

Edited by 4saleusa (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

Hi, I had the same spinning save buttons issue, unable to edit, save or create any new products (my Prestashop 1.6.1.1). Back office extremely slow over the last month or so, put it down to slow browser/computer. Product tabs in back-office wouldn't load at all, and would eventually time out with Check your server message popping up. Deleted modules and disabled stats, but no joy.

As probably many of you have done I searched the forums, read Top man Nemo's posts, tried all sorts of fixes but no joy. Couldn't upgrade to latest 1.6.1.x version as have made too many mod's to site & template, which would vanish on upgrading (learn't that lesson the hard way!). Best solution seemed the Official Prestashop release of 1.6.1.9 and to manually update the patch files (http://build.prestas...enance-release/). Did that and cleared cache in Prestashop & browser, but no fix for me (left altered files - 9 of them).

Continued searching web for another fix (or else I would have to as a last resort replace all js, admin, class directories with the ones from 1.6.1.9) and found this discussion on a similar issue back in April 2015 : http://stackoverflow...ing-very-slowly

See link to Github patch file: https://github.com/P...d674189abc19493

Uploaded the complete version of the file classes/controller/AdminController as shown on github. Cleared cache on Prestashop (Advanced Parameters/Performance) and in browser. DING DANG DO... unbelievable, spinning wheels gone, couldn't believe my eyes! Back Office the quickest it's ever been. RESULT!

Hope this is the solution you've been looking for?

Recap: Manually update the 9 patch files from Prestahop release - http://build.prestas...enance-release/

github: https://github.com/P...aShop/pull/6749

Replace: classes/controller/AdminController file with the one below:

Github patch file: https://github.com/P...d674189abc19493

CLEAR Prestashop cache & browser cache. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have upgraded to 1.6.1.11.

Issue persists, this is very frustrating.

PHP Version is 5.5.38. I have tried various PHP versions.

Save and "Save and Stay" spinning forever on the Products Page.

me too.

I tried to chance some web browrsers like google chrome 53.0.x, firefox, IE but didn't work (sometime it did but sometime not,) but on Android it's seem good

My hosting information:

Server information: Linux #1 SMP Mon Mar 14 17:49:20 EDT 2016 x86_64

Server software version: Apache

PHP version: 5.5.38

Memory limit: 128M

Max execution time: 100

MySQL version: 5.5.52-cll-lve

I tried to install a new prestashop but the problem is still there (on the same hosting with the older).

I think the problem from my hosting , ajax or js.

I don't know what should I do right now.

:(  :(

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

and I found another solution:

Using FTP go to "admin > themes > default > template > controllers > products" and in all .tpl files find:

<button type="submit" name="submitAddproduct" class="btn btn-default pull-right" disabled="disabled"> {l s='Save'}</button>

<button type="submit" name="submitAddproductAndStay" class="btn btn-default pull-right" disabled="disabled"> {l s='Save and stay'}</button>

1. Remove " disabled="disabled "

2. Replace "process-icon-loading" with "process-icon-save"

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/nemops/troubleshooting_the_spinning_save_button_in_prestashop_16011_and_above/

• 7 months later...

Hello friends!
I solved the problem with the infinitely twisting save icon.
On the part of requests for the script of the product saving page, the server responded with a 503 response.
It turned out that this restriction on the part of the hoster.
After switching to a more expensive tariff plan, the whole problem was solved.

• 6 months later...

Hi to everyone.

I had admin save button spinning and drop down menus not working on 1.6.1.20 version after unlucky upgrade to version 1.7.

Searched and implemented many solutions but did't helped. 

Finally by overwriting root/js folder contents with version 1.6.1.20 files sorted my issue. As I understood issue was changed /js folder contents by upgrade.

Hope this helps someone.

All the best.