Nothing is working anymore

Hi

I am nwe to Prestashop so my questions might be really stupid.

I have had the 1.6.1.1 version installed and tonight I got the idea to upgrade to 1.6.1.2 since I had problems with categories on certain products. This proved to be a big mistake.

First I tried the Auto Upgrade module but that did not work at all even though I follower the instructions step by step.

So I decide to use the Manual approach and follower the instructions step by step.

Once uploaded I tried to go to the site but it just showed a blank white screen.

The same with the "admin" page, just a blank white screen.

Can someone figure out what I did wrong?

Do I have to start all over again now?

url: www.racedekaler.com/shop/

/Christian

I am not sure 'how' you manually upgraded, that's really for PrestaNerds, I wouldn't do it..lol

in root of your file system you should see folder Adapter, this I think is new in 1.6.1.2.  If you do not have this folder then I suspect you will want to get it from an unpacked 1.6.1.2.  But I suspect you are going to missing 'other' stuff as well.

11.15.2015-17.37.png
http://screencast.com/t/qtzGC7Zry

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)

I must say I am really disapointed. I was hoping for the prestashop solution.

I have checked file and folder premission, all seems to be OK.

Seems as I will have to start over from scratch again and now I am really unsure if I will do it with Prestashop since it is so sensitive and complicated to keep up to date.

I see a lot of people do upgrades that do not follow instructions from PrestaShop.  

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Updating+PrestaShop

The key part of this concerns creating our 'own' back up and restore and creating a test environment to try upgrade before moving/upgrade production.

Note: the first few paragraphs in Manual upgrade specifically mentions 'reserved for experts'.  I think it would have been good idea to find out why you could not use one click upgrade before moving with manual.

Had you followed upgrade path you would have had a much better experience.

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)