500 Server Error

Switch in error reporting it may help identify the issue

1. Log into your hosting admin dashboard, control panel, SSH, or FTP client.
  2. Navigate to the PrestaShop 1.5/1.6 root folder.
  3. From there, navigate the path /config/defines.inc.php
  4. Open up the defines.inc.php file in your preferred text editor.
  5. Find the line of code that reads define(‘_PS_MODE_DEV_’,false); This is line 28 by default as of PrestaShop 1.5.6
  6. Change it to read  define(‘_PS_MODE_DEV_’,true);
  7. Save the defines.inc.php file back to the path, overwriting the existing file if needed

Thank you so much haylau,

that's the result:

[PrestaShopException]

Tema actual no disponible "default". Por favor verifique el nombre del directorio de temas y licencias.
at line 259 in file classes/controller/FrontController.php

254. Tools::redirect('index.php?controller=authentication'.($this->authRedirection ? '&back='.$this->authRedirection : ''));
255. }
257. /* Theme is missing */
258. if (!is_dir(_PS_THEME_DIR_)) {
259. throw new PrestaShopException((sprintf(Tools::displayError('Current theme unavailable "%s". Please check your theme directory name and permissions.'), basename(rtrim(_PS_THEME_DIR_, '/\\')))));
260. }
262. if (Configuration::get('PS_GEOLOCATION_ENABLED')) {
263. if (($new_default = $this->geolocationManagement($this->context->country)) && Validate::isLoadedObject($new_default)) {
264. $this->context->country = $new_default;

I've tried to change my current theme but I take this error message:

INSERT INTO `ps_hook_module` (`id_module`, `id_shop`, `id_hook`, `position`)
                                    VALUES (110, 1, 0, 1)

Thank you so much.

Edited by mgo3 (see edit history)

Is your current theme 1.6 compliant?

Have you checked the folders: is the them actually there and in the right place?

Have you tried reverting to the default them?

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue from updating from 1.4 backend works but can't get it to swap out the theme.
 When you try to change it to the new "default" that came with updating to 1.6 I get this error and it refuses to update to the default theme for 1.6

Duplicate entry '10-0-1' for key 'PRIMARY'

INSERT INTO `ps_hook_module` (`id_module`, `id_shop`, `id_hook`, `position`)									VALUES (10, 1, 0, 1)

Reply SOLVED IT - What I needed to do was reload the old theme into the Themes folder so it recognised there was an "existing". As it seems when it removed it on the auto update that Prestashop was locked into the original theme I had on 1.4 but it had removed it so couldn't default to the new theme.

Now once it recognises your old theme in the backend just go to Preferences>Themes> Advanced Settings (Top right of your theme).

Now you will see an option of your old "default" theme or choosing the new default-bootstrap so just swap them over and it will load the new theme and get rid of the bug.

Did you ever find a solution to your problem?

Hello, I've upgrade my prestashop www.rocaynieve.com from 1.5 to 1.6 and I get "500 Server Error" when loading the web. I've already activate the web. Somebody could help me please?

Thank you so much.