[HELP] Change Form input styles

Hello. I'm using PS 1.6.14 version. I want to change the styles of input forms such as textbox, textarea, select input type, radio buttons, check box, etc. I tried to change using some css codes but nothing happens. I can't even change the height and width of checkbox, radio buttons and select input type.  it seems like there's some javascript that prevents the css I've added to work. 

I searched the whole prestashop folder and I found this file, specifically an image "sprite.png". You can check that too. I think there's something going on with that image. Please help. Thanks! 

• 3 weeks later...

Please go to and edit the uniform.default.css found in your theme directory the exact file path is below with the area in which I changed to make the checkbox border to turn to red. However I believe you could copy and paste css things from here into the global file and it should override this files css styling, but I am not completely sure, but is easy to test.

/public_html/themes/SSNE/css/autoload/uniform.default.css

The area I changed is specified below.

I changed the below part of the page

div.selector, div.selector span, div.checker span, div.radio span, div.uploader, div.uploader span.action, div.button, div.button span {
  background-image: url("../../img/jquery/uniform/sprite.png");
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
  -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
  }

To this part below.

div.selector, div.selector span, div.checker span, div.radio span, div.uploader, div.uploader span.action, div.button, div.button span {
  border: 1px solid #ff0000;

}

Adding border: 1px solid #ff0000; to the end made my checkbox border on opc checkout to turn red and I am sure all others will too.

EDIT ::  I noticed this made a lot of things have the border so I changed the edit to what you see below to only make checkboxes have a red border. This also lets you see how you can individually change the input.

}
div.checker span{
}

:: END EDIT

I hope this helps.

William Williamson

Shop Save N Earn - www.shopsavenearn.com

Programmers Direct - www.design.shopsavenearn.com

Edited by ShopSaveNEarn (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Please go to and edit the uniform.default.css found in your theme directory the exact file path is below with the area in which I changed to make the checkbox border to turn to red. However I believe you could copy and paste css things from here into the global file and it should override this files css styling, but I am not completely sure, but is easy to test.

/public_html/themes/SSNE/css/autoload/uniform.default.css

The area I changed is specified below.

I changed the below part of the page

}

To this part below.

}

Adding border: 1px solid #ff0000; to the end made my checkbox border on opc checkout to turn red and I am sure all others will too.

EDIT ::  I noticed this made a lot of things have the border so I changed the edit to what you see below to only make checkboxes have a red border. This also lets you see how you can individually change the input.

}
div.checker span{
}

:: END EDIT

I hope this helps.

William Williamson

Shop Save N Earn - www.shopsavenearn.com

Programmers Direct - www.design.shopsavenearn.com