changing form.tpl (controllers/admin/templates/products/helpers/form)

kerrywales

Question

I am implementing a combination on a virtual product. In another thread it says to comment out line 116 of the form.tpl so that it reads

else if (product_type == product_type_virtual)

{

$('a[id*=Pack]').hide();

$('a[id*=Shipping]').hide();

//$('a[id*=Combinations]').hide();

}

The only problem is that I cannot find it on the Cloud version. I created an ftp account and using Core ftp I did a search for the file. After many time outs I couldn't find a "products.helpers" folder anywhere

Another thread says to place "your" copy of the file into the override folder. But

1) I don't have a complete version of the file to make the edit happen in order to place it into the "override" folder.

2) The Thread left out the folder structure to create in the override folder in order for the system to know which file I am overriding.

Can anyone advise please.

5 answers to this question

Be aware that on Prestashop cloud you don't have access to full FTP. For to develop own addons you should host by yourself at any provider of your choice. Prestashop Cloud is not intended to be used with extras not available at the addons. Prestashop Cloud is intended to be used out of the box without core changes.

Thank you for your reply. I was hosted with 1and1 when looking at Prestashop. There was an issue and Prestashop suggested that I use them to host. I explained what I wanted and was told I could have it all. That appears not to be be case.

I already have one override worked out and that is stored in the cloud structure, so I believe the design will allow me to have an alternative products\helpers folder for a alternative form.tpl

The only issue is that as I don't have the complete file I cannot save it into the override  with the one line commented out.

If the worst comes to the worst (as I do not want to rebuild it) I will re-install it on 1and1 and then copy over the file.

I already have one override worked out and that is stored in the cloud structure, so I believe the design will allow me to have an alternative products\helpers folder for a alternative form.tpl

The only issue is that as I don't have the complete file I cannot save it into the override  with the one line commented out.

If the worst comes to the worst (as I do not want to rebuild it) I will re-install it on 1and1 and then copy over the file.

Though you won't have access to cloud's admin directory, you may retrieve the complete file from am download copy of PrestaShop. The file you are searching for you should find in

admin\themes\default\template\controllers\products\helpers\form

It's just that the admin overrides have a different path.

Thank you for the reply.

I did get the file and I tried to work out the override infrastructure. The online guides don't really cover the Cloud version so they don't match what is provided. The override hasn't worked anyway.

I think I shouldn't have taken Prestashop's advice to use them has the hosting company. But I am getting there with lost of workarounds and finding where my issues are.