How to use multistore with language selector block?

dirdi

Hello,

I need your help please. I have read several documentation and I am not able to finish the multistore settings to my needs; I need them linked to their respective language in the language selector block.

I have created the store and now I have

www.store.com and

www.store.com/enshop

I want to have a frontend language selector block that will be able to:

when you choose Spanish (main shop) the  www.store.com will be load

and when you choose English the www.store.com/enshop will be load....

I have assigned bought  language to bought stores in Languages tab and like this I have the language block on the front end but it is just using the /en and /es site not the different stores.

I also set in Location  the  www.store.com/enshop as language EN ; I cant change the ES in Advanced parameters, the option to change in those to fields is disables.

Is there a native way to connect 2 stores on the frontend by choosing languages?

If not, what would be the manual way of doing it?

Thank you

Go to BO Localization  > Languages

Click the edit icon for each language and then disable the store that you don't want for this language.

Edit* Sorry I read your question wrong. That feature is not built into PS. You may find a module or have a custom solution. That sort of thing would be very little cost.

Edited by Bill Dalton (see edit history)

Go to BO Localization  > Languages

Click the edit icon for each language and then disable the store that you don't want for this language.

Edit* Sorry I read your question wrong. That feature is not built into PS. You may find a module or have a custom solution. That sort of thing would be very little cost.

I like Bill's  answer, because i cannot for the life of me understand why one would want to make visitor select anything other than add to cart...also I am concerned you have two(2) gTLD's, i.e. .com's with same  content , i.e. shared customer/products/cats/  etc yes?  If so then you will very possible be penalized for duplicate content, this assumes you will still have both languages on both shops....hope I have not confused things but I been multi-shopping since 1.4 days...

Sure I have seen websites that ask for country, but they have many countries, but I have not seen one  that changes website based solely on language, well unless that cms website does not have nice lang feature like  ps...

happy multishopping

Thank you for your feedbacks.

I will try some manual option than...

Regarding the duplicate content, I dont think is the case...at least I think so, as one will be in English and the other in Spanish, or I am missing something?

I need to have different stores because of content language , I have clients from different European countries .

Thank you

• Like 1

Hi, not saying 100% duplicate content, it's just something you want to be 'very' careful about.  Here is some reading that might help.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/182192?hl=en

using ccTLD's for specific country, i.e. .fr  .uk etc...helps your organics.

.coms (ok, you may not like this, is associated to the US).

so when we use a .com  we compete with  'all' .coms even if we are  only selling regionally or by country.

it's an interesting area and fun to learn

Thank you, interesting approaching and I will study this more carefully.

I was thinking that because the content language is different I am on the shore side of the duplicate issue.

My shop is a .eu domain, for the moment my main clients come from Spain and I am looking to expand the business to English speaking surfers from Europe, and than even more later some regional languages/countries.

I need multistore to be able to set different promotions, different prices, discounts, shipping...etc

As said I will investigate more before deciding how to proceed.....

• Like 1