Is Search Broken In Prestashop 1.6.1.0 ?

Hi All

To be brief, my search box results have become woefully inaccurate and losing me business.

I've rebuilt the search index numerous time, emptied the cache, tinkered with weighting and every other setting, to no avail.

I'm still getting products that may contain a word that's part of a search term coming up before ones that have the exact search term as the first two words of the product name.

In tests today I gave the product name field a weight of 10 and lowered tags and everything else to 1

I changed the name of one product to an exact match of the first two words in the search term.

However, I'm still getting other products coming up in the search list and no sign of the one I changed.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

deepee

Edited by deepee (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

After much trial and error I found the way to achieve the product name search results I needed was to apply a weight of 10 to the product name and set all other options to 0.

I then rebuilt the index and product name search is now working as it should.

Something must be reset when zeros are applied to the unwanted fields as search was still eratic when I had populated these fields with ones.