Problem with paypal module

datasi

Hello!  Chose paypal to be used on my prestashop installation but got some issue with configuring paypal to be working correctly

i have written in the API details and merchant ID.

When i test with an item and go to checkout and clik "pay with your card or paypal account" a small window open and just seem to be loading. When i click the image away i get a message box with this error "error in ajax posterror"

Also tried different browsers but always get the same result. the paypal window just load and i get the error message mentioned above

( I can see the paypal logo in the background on the website but disappear when i click OK on the error message.

Anyone got any idea on how to check on this?

Edited by datasi (see edit history)

Still unable to figure out what is going wrong here. Have tried searching and searching without any success!

Hopefully someone know what i can do to get this paypal europe module working. I really need to get this paypal module working soon and hopefully someone know what to do here. or what information i need to find so its easier for you guys to see what is going on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I managed to find the solution to this problem, while still selecting "Yes" for "Use PayPal In Context Checkout".

1. Edit /.../presta/modules/paypal/views/templates/hook/express_checkout_shortcut_form.tpl
  2. Look for this line 
    <input type="hidden" name="current_shop_url" value="{$PayPal_current_page|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" />

Add token%3DEC-{time()} to the end as shown below

<input type="hidden" name="current_shop_url" value="{$PayPal_current_page|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}token%3DEC-{time()}" />
  3. Save
  4. View the code at the checkout page. You should see something like this
    <input type="hidden" name="current_shop_url" value="https://mywebsite.com/quick-order?token%3DEC-1504284686">
  5. Ajax Check Out should work now.

Apparently, Paypal requires a token to be included in the request, otherwise it will fail. Hope this helps.

Edited by Wilson Na (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to find the solution to this problem, while still selecting "Yes" for "Use PayPal In Context Checkout".

1. Edit /.../presta/modules/paypal/views/templates/hook/express_checkout_shortcut_form.tpl
  2. Look for this line 
    <input type="hidden" name="current_shop_url" value="{$PayPal_current_page|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" />

Add token%3DEC-{time()} to the end as shown below

<input type="hidden" name="current_shop_url" value="{$PayPal_current_page|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}token%3DEC-{time()}" />
  3. Save
  4. View the code at the checkout page. You should see something like this
    <input type="hidden" name="current_shop_url" value="https://mywebsite.com/quick-order?token%3DEC-1504284686">
  5. Ajax Check Out should work now.

Apparently, Paypal requires a token to be included in the request, otherwise it will fail. Hope this helps.

Hello, I have this problem too, but can't solve it

• 1 year later...